Carnival Fantasy...would you?

tracyanns

I LOVE the Fantasy~~~the staff is wonderful,the food was very good. I have not been on anything other than the Fantasy class ship(11 cruises) so I am not able to compare. The port of Charleston is tricky but not terrible, the area is worth the inconvenience. I really feel you would have a great time.

Well, we did book this yesterday so we are set to go...this will be the first time for us without a balcony and I am going to hate that but could not justify the cost of the suite for the 4 of us just to be in the room to shower and sleep...

I here the worst thing about Charleston port is you have to drop your luggage off first and then park and then come back...so we are going to park elsewhere and take a cab so we can just get out without having to loop around...

I don't mind the smaller ships, I think they have more charm and character than some of the larger ones and the staff do seem to get to know you a bit better....we just couldn't pass up this deal...

Thank you all for your input and I will be sure to write a review when we get back. THANKS!:D

Fantasy is a beautiful ship. She has alot of personality. Food was outstanding. They had the best staff of all the ships we've been on. I would sail her again anytime. They have anytime dining down to a science there.

Fantasy was my first cruise and loved her. Have sailed on her twice. So easy to find your way around.

I actually thought leaving out of Charleston was easier then Miami. We sailed out of Charleston before CCL stationed Fantasy there, so they didn't have the skippers club.

Parking was not that bad. We dropped our luggage off and followed a lead car to the parking area where they had a/c busses waiting to bring us back and drop us off. That way you could spend the day walking around Charleston.

Hope you have a great cruise. Since our first cruise, we have sailed 12 times (11 times on CCL and 1 NCL) and will be on Oasis (first time RCCL) in August.

We were on the Fantasy last Aug out of NOLA. Getting ready to board her again on August 4th. I have 2 dds 13 and 8 and we all had a wonderful time. IMO I don't even want to try a bigger ship. Plus the sail dates work out so much better for us. my dh won't have to close his business for a whole straight week, since its a Wed-Mon sailing and we live only 6 hrs from port. I say go for it. The ship is great and the crew is wonderful. It was like my bff and I had our own personal mojito waiter all week! Haha

Archived