SV Veranda Cabins on the Quest

BobTimDTx

We're considering booking one of the aft SV cabins on the Quest from Istanbul to Athens in November. Are they worth the extra rate? Are they actually larger? Is the view significantly obstructed? Are the butlers still serving those cabins - does it matter anyway? We're Celebrity Captains Club "Select" (5-9) + 1 on RCCL if that matters.

We're considering booking one of the aft SV cabins on the Quest from Istanbul to Athens in November. Are they worth the extra rate? Are they actually larger? Is the view significantly obstructed? Are the butlers still serving those cabins - does it matter anyway? We're Celebrity Captains Club "Select" (5-9) + 1 on RCCL if that matters.

I am surprised they are still available for November as there are few. We did not stay in one but could see the balcony from ours. I thought we originally wanted one but since they are the same size as the other standard Verandah staterooms didn't feel the additional cost (as least $1,500.00 for 2 people on a 14 night) was worth it. No, they are not larger.

My husband and I had the SV cabins for 24 nights (Singapore to Athens). We also got the chance to vists friends in thier sky suite room. The SV is bigger. It isn't wider but is considerably deeper (enough for two full length loungers as well as a small table and two chairs. We personally wouldn't choose these cabins again due to the obstruction of the solid walls but am glad we tried them. You couldn't see over the rail when lying on the lounger and I had to sit on two pillows from the cabin to see over the rail (and I'm 5'9). It seemed to defeat the purpose of the balcony. That being said, standing up, the views out the back of the wake are incredible and I took a few minutes every day to enjoy the view. It's such a personal choice so you'll have to decide for yourself. To maks things more complicated, some people love these cabins and say they are thier favourite.

Deb.

@BobTimDTx

We have done four Atlantic crossings in SV6090 and 6093. The way I see it, the cabin attendants have been renamed Butlers. That's it. These are the 2 small cabins between the suites. The balconies, er Verandas, are at least 8x8ft and add tremendously to the overall living space. There are opaque dividers on both sides, giving you all the privacy you want. Yet, the view aft is just wonderful. As you step to the railing, you have a panoramic view left to right. So far we have always cruised in a stern cabin, and these, on the former R-ships are, our favorites. Take a look at our cruise pix of the Quest, Journey and Oceania Regatta. Are they worth the extra cost? To us: absolutely. We cruise to experience being on the Ocean. Never mind sight seeing. Sit on balcony, sip Sherry, ahh.

345967995_Questaftbalcony.jpg.c7760927488d57b5143e8e100b432495.jpg

238371480_QuestDWonbalcony.jpg.5e2860fc0b166a7879bc1048ae3fb395.jpg

Archived