Guarantee Room Assignments?

Shep_Proudfoot

Hello,

We have a balcony guarantee room on the 2/20 Conquest and have received our docs, but have no idea of the actual room assignment either through Carnival or the online booking agent. Does anyone know if this is normal? I thought I read somewhere that two weeks prior you would get an actual room assignment but I can't remember where I saw this (or if I imagined it!).

Have you checked the back of your sail and sign coupon?? Look at the bottom and you should see a row of alpha and numbers...The first group of alpha/numbers is the booking # and then you should see a 4 digit number which would be your cabin number. It doesn't always show on all coupons...bit on my last 2 cruises I booked a guaranty cabin and the numbers were there. If not you could also try the book/modify search method. If neither works...you will have to wait until you see the porter at the pier and he retreives your assigned cabin number from the Manifest.

We were told yesterday by Carnival that you should know your cabin# 75 days prior to sailing. We too have a guarantee balcony. I don't like NOT knowing but our PR told us that is the way it is done now. We have cruised 6 times and have always known the cabin#. In fact on the Destiny we knew from day one which one was assigned. I am not sure why they are changing things so much.

Dot, it sounds like you've always booked and paid for a specific room before. Nothing has changed except that perhaps this time you chose to book a guarantee (run of ship) cabin rather than choose one right away and pay the extra money for doing that.

Before if you booked a guarantee you didn't know until you got to the pier which cabin was assigned but now you can find out 6-8 weeks prior to sailing.

Archived