Do you have ??? Radiance southbound?

cruiseram

I will be on the Radiance Northbound, but I am assuming you started from Seward then? Did you spend any extra time in Seward/Anchorage prior to your cruise. If so, what type of activities did you do?

The cruise began in Seward we did not spend any extra time in either Anchorage or Seward. We arrived in Anchorage the day before but our flight did not arrive till 7:00p.m. so the time we had was limited but if time would have allowed I would like to have visited the ULU Factory. When we arrived in Seward on the ARR we went directly to the ship and checked in. Our intentions were to go the the Sea Life Center but we ended up staying on the ship, but now I really wished we would have made the effort to go.

You actually didn't miss much at the Ulu Factory.

It was a gift shop with glass windows into an area where (while we were there) you could see them shrink-wrapping boxes of Ulu knives. There was another area that looked like it might have been for sharpening blades and/or attaching handles, but no one was working there on the Thursday afternoon when we arrived.

Did you by any chance visit Chops or Portofino for lunch on the Inside Passage day? Was just wondering whether the menu was the same as in the evening. Thanks.

We had dinner in Chops while we were cruising the Inside Passage on our southbound cruise. I may have missed the notice but was not aware that lunch was available in Chops that day or any other day of our cruise. I don't think that I have copies of the daily Cruise Compasses. Otherwise I would check to see if lunch was an option.:)

We had dinner in Chops while we were cruising the Inside Passage on our southbound cruise. I may have missed the notice but was not aware that lunch was available in Chops that day or any other day of our cruise. I don't think that I have copies of the daily Cruise Compasses. Otherwise I would check to see if lunch was an option.:)

Hi,

I've seen a recent Compass for that day and it was for them..... was just wondering. Thanks for replying. Will find out soon enough ;)

On the 7/9 southbound, both Chops & Portofino were open for lunch on the last day (cruising the Inside Passage).

I didn't speak with anyone who went for lunch, but those who ate dinner in Chops said it was fantastic!

It was seeing your compasses (thankyou!) that prompted me to ask the question. The service charge is less than eating in the evening so I was wondering what the difference in the menu is..... looks like I may just have to find that out for myself!

Archived