Venice Transfers

cruzer0428

I am cruising the Ruby Princess in Aug and have an 8am flight home on the day of debarkation. Question what is the easiest way to get to the airport as I find the price of the transfers with Princess a little high. Though I have been told that I have to take them because of the time of my flight.

Any suggestions

A car service or taxi will be fairly quick at that hour - no more than 20 minutes. The question is whether or not there will be cabs at the cruise port at 5:30 AM - I haven't ever tried to do this, so I have no idea. It may make sense to spend a little more and book a car service so you know they'll be there.

When we did the Grand Princess, we came into Venice about 9:00 pm and overnighted on the ship, and we were the only ship in port. Debarking at 8:00 in the morning, there was not one taxi at the taxi stand.

When I filled out the paperwork for Princess, I put we had our own transportation (just planning on taking a cab), but the Purser's desk actually called our cabin, explained if I had not pre-arranged a cab/private service, there would be no other way to Piazzale Roma than walking. So we were told the best option would be to pay Princess $24 pp for the transfer.

That transfer took exactly 5 minutes from the pier to Piazzale Roma. We really felt ripped off, but knew we couldn't walk it. There were lots of taxis at Piazzale Roma, just none at the pier.

With that early a flight, definitely try to have a pre-arranged pick-up. Or you will find you have no choice but to pay Princess their exhorbitant fees.

Have a great cruise!

Also did an overnight in Venice and no taxis waiting that morning either. I cannot speak to what the AP will be like at 8am but I stayed on 2 extra days and had a 1pm flight out. Venice AP was absolute chaos. It is way too small for the amount of passengers in it at any given time. It took us just under 2 hours just to check in for our flight out about 7 weeks ago.

It may have been a bad day or the timing was off but I'd certainly not want to find out the actual morning you have to get to THAT airport that I now had to make some quick last minute arrangements. That would stress me out to no end.

Archived