XP: Princess vs. HAL

klsinga

We are a family group of 5 (65, 63, 35, 37, 3) trying to decide on a Princess cruise or HAL Eurodam. I have been on the fence about this for literally weeks and we need to book. HELP!

We've all sailed Princess and been pleased, but HAL seems to have reviews about more comfortable rooms, nicer staff and marginally better food. On the other hand, I have heard a few references to HAL not having quite as much in the way of entertainment as Princess.

None of us are after hours partiers, but my dad usually goes to all of the things during the day on at sea days (talks, bingo, game shows, etc.). If you have personal experience or opinions about the following areas on either Ruby Princess or Eurodam (or just Princess vs. HAL), please share.

For the husband: dessert (quality and selection)

For the kid: kids program (esp. staff)

For the old man: daytime and early evening on-board activities

For me: room organization/size/comfort and cleanliness of ships

Many thanks!!

PS - I am also posting this on the HAL board to get their perspective.

5 Princess Cruises vs 1 HAL cruise. I truly believe every cruise is a completely different experience even if you are on the same ship. We have been on 20 cruises- 7 cruiselines and there were only two that we didn't enjoy...HAL (Canada and New England) and Cunard(Midnight Sun). We are going to give HAL another chance in March.

I agree each cruise is different, even on the same ship. We had a great cruise on the Dawn Princess to Mexico a few years back, love it so much we repeated it again 4 months, same ship, upgrade to a mini suite the second time & our over all experience was not as good the second time, we loved the mini suite though, that was the best.

We have nearly 40 cruises on 7-8 different lines.

We cruise Princess, HAL, Celebrity primarily now.

I think these lines are comparible.

There is no perfect cruise either, each has its pluses and minues.

PIck one and go and enjoy it. :)

Archived