ODYSSEY Restaurant 2

TRAVELFEVER

Can anyone answer, if restaurant 2 on the ODYSSEY, Has the same menu every evening, or does it change nightly. :confused:

I can see why this would be confusing. I think the right answer is that it depends on whether you are on a world cruise (or a portion of one) or if you are on a one week cruise. I just returned from two weeks (two one week cruises) on the Odyssey. The menu changed on a weekly basis. This is done so that it is possible for everyone to be able to get a reservation.

When the Odyssey first sailed,the menu changed nightly on a seven day rotation.I understand that it now changes weekly to stop guests booking it every night, to give everyone a chance to try it.

Menu change or not, postings on other threads seem to confirm that Restaurant 2 is not for everyone. Some people love the decor, ambience and food and yet others hate the decor, ambience and food . Some are ambidextrous so to speak. For what it is worth my advice is try it at least once to make up your own mind. Once should be enough.

Well, I tried it and liked it. The service and food, not to mention the intimate atmosphere, were all first class. Once was not enough; we visited Restaurant 2 three times during our Odyssey world cruise segment. And we look forward to doing so again during the Jan., 2011 South America cruise on the Odyssey!

Menu change or not, postings on other threads seem to confirm that Restaurant 2 is not for everyone. Some people love the decor, ambience and food and yet others hate the decor, ambience and food . Some are ambidextrous so to speak. For what it is worth my advice is try it at least once to make up your own mind. Once should be enough.

For me it was the best place on the ship to eat.I ate there twelve times in thirty five days.The service was far better than the restaurant and the colonnade.

I agree. By far, the best and most creative cooking on the ship. We often hear how ship cuisine rivals fine land restaurants. This comes the closest I have ever seen.

Thanks, I did not know it was so popular ( and yes we like it!). On the recent Baltic cruise , there were spaces during the second week. Great for people who wanted to dine there more than once and not deprive others of the opportunity. Anyone come across Bruno, a sommelier in Rest 2 on Odyssey for a while?

Well, I tried it and liked it. The service and food, not to mention the intimate atmosphere, were all first class. Once was not enough; we visited Restaurant 2 three times during our Odyssey world cruise segment. And we look forward to doing so again during the Jan., 2011 South America cruise on the Odyssey!

hello - I'm glad to hear that you are on Odyssey Jan 2011. We have just booked. Is there a Roll Call for that cruise? I have asked our host Dan via email, but no answer so far.

Hi Markham -

I just had a reply from our host Dan, and I have started a roll call for the Odyssey Jan 4th, 2011 sailing.

I hope to communicate with you more on that thread, soon.

Regards, Anne

margbem,

On the Odyssey and Sojourn Restaurant 2 is a dedicated restaurant for tasting menus. The themed dinners are served in the Colonnade. On the triplets the same venue alternates between the two. What makes it so special on the larger ships imo is that the decor is cutting edge and matches the cuisine so the experience is more complete.

Archived