Where do you shop-plus size?

Cristallo

dress for yourself - not others ! On formal nights, I usually wear black dress pants with a fancier top then usual. For me, to be comfortable, fashionable and attractive is the key. Jewerly always dresses it up also.

That's usually what I do too, although this time I'll wear a long skirt and top that I picked up from HSN. BTW, don't overlook HSN and QVC - they do have 1X thru 3X. Sometimes you can catch something on clearance or as a special value.

That's usually what I do too, although this time I'll wear a long skirt and top that I picked up from HSN. BTW, don't overlook HSN and QVC - they do have 1X thru 3X. Sometimes you can catch something on clearance or as a special value.

Yeah I've just recently started looked at HSN when I bought a necklace I wanted for an outfit. Cute stuff.

Thanks for the great ideas of different stores to check out......are all Old Navy the same or???? Can't seem to find plus sizes at ours.........have checked 2 in 2 different cities....

The Old Navy where I live used to carry plus sizes but have since removed that section and only go up to a XXL in tops and like a 18 or 20 in pants. I am a shorty so I have to get my jeans at Old Navy. It's the only place that has jeans to fit me properly.

I like Layne Bryant and Dress Barn for plus size shopping but they can be expensive unless you find a sale/clearance or have a coupon/gift cheque. My other beef with Layne Bryant and Dress Barn is the fact that it seems they think all plus size women are amazon women with legs for days lol. All their pants are way too long for me.

Other than Old Navy, I love Ross and sometimes Target and even Wal-mart. Ross has a huge plus size selection and have styles anywhere from teen and young adult to the more mature women. The Ross here told me they typically get new shipments on Tuesdays so it's best to go mid-week for the best selection. You sometimes have to hunt and peck at Target and Wal-mart but I have found it is worth looking.

dress for yourself - not others ! On formal nights, I usually wear black dress pants with a fancier top then usual. For me, to be comfortable, fashionable and attractive is the key. Jewelry always dresses it up also.

I agree to dress for yourself. I know there are some who post in a manner that it seems they feel offended if everyone in the MDR is not dressed they way they feel it should be. I honestly don't care what anyone else is wearing. It is your vacation that you paid for and as long as you have on a top, bottom, and some footwear, I am cool. I am not going to be counting the sequins on your dress, taking a picture each night of my table mates/neighbors and then comparing to make sure they don't repeat an outfit, or even checking to make sure shoes don't make the "flip-flop" sound when you walk. I am more interested in what's on the menu for the night :D.

The Old Navy where I live used to carry plus sizes but have since removed that section and only go up to a XXL in tops and like a 18 or 20 in pants. I am a shorty so I have to get my jeans at Old Navy. It's the only place that has jeans to fit me properly.

I like Layne Bryant and Dress Barn for plus size shopping but they can be expensive unless you find a sale/clearance or have a coupon/gift cheque. My other beef with Layne Bryant and Dress Barn is the fact that it seems they think all plus size women are amazon women with legs for days lol. All their pants are way too long for me.

Other than Old Navy, I love Ross and sometimes Target and even Wal-mart. Ross has a huge plus size selection and have styles anywhere from teen and young adult to the more mature women. The Ross here told me they typically get new shipments on Tuesdays so it's best to go mid-week for the best selection. You sometimes have to hunt and peck at Target and Wal-mart but I have found it is worth looking.

That's how it used to be here. I've been to 5 different Old Navy's in 3 different cities and non of them sell plus size anymore. I can sometimes luck out on the XXL depending on the fabric. As for Lane Bryant I feel you on their length. On some of their pants you can get petite length. Another place you might look is Maurices. They have cute jeans in a shorter length.

I literally just returned from Ross an hour ago and they had some cute dresses but they have dramatically cut back on their plus size section. I guess I live in an area where their aren't any plus sized women. All the stores like Maurices, Fashion Bug, Ross only have like a half dozen racks. They used to have more.:(

My other beef with Layne Bryant and Dress Barn is the fact that it seems they think all plus size women are amazon women with legs for days lol. All their pants are way too long for me.

Maybe what they carry is not quite Amazon women pants (says the Amazon woman)... I can't shop for slacks at Dress Barn because they do not carry tall and the pants are just shy of cropped length on me at nearly 6' tall.

I've noticed that the online version of JJill has 1x and 2x and 18-20 sizes.

I am practically totally clothed by J. Jill in Petite 16 to Petite 18 (depending on the fit and the day). I'm hoping to get to a 14 someday because it will mean I can buy at Talbot's and some other places.

I'm obviously happy with the J. Jill stuff. And if you have a store nearby, you can go in and order from them and pay no shipping, and see what the pieces are like in person. And you can return to the store. If you don't, returns are 6.95 if you use their labels,

Archived