Drink prices on eclipse

siestaman

I am soon to take a first cruise with celebrity on the eclipse and I have looked at the cabin drink packages and I am amazed to see they charge £52 for a bottle of gin!!

Can the experienced cruisers please advise if this is a typical price charged on other cruise lines. A friend has told me that the P&O cost is half this figure.

Also does anybody know if the wine package is worth taking. At the moment the website is not giving any details.

Compared to P&O we found the drinks very expensive, mind you the exchange rate and 15% non optional tip dont help.

Others have said they dont think the prices are too bad, perhaps i'm just a tight Scot.

They dont seem to be offering the wine package for our cruise in October but I have been number crunching with the drinks package as the exchange rate seems to be going in our favour at the moment.

It is not possible to buy the wine packages on S-class ships - either before the cruise or whilst on board.

The $80 for a bottle of in room gin is too expensive:eek: but

after a lot of consideration and fence sitting - I have actually concluded that if you drink 5-6 drinks a day of value $8, then the Classic a/i drinks packages are a pretty good deal. With a G&T before dinner, several glasses of wine with dinner and a digestif afterwards, this is not an obscene amount of drink and very do-able IMHO.

I have been watching the prices and it has fallen from £433 for 14nights to £414 for the Classic a/i so I bit the bullet and booked!.

Archived