St. Thomas Excursion

We just booked our first cruise and now I would like to book an excursion on St. Thomas with Godfreytoursvi.com. Our ship is planned to arrive at 11 am... most tours are listed with an earlier time... are the tour operators using the ship time or is there a time difference between the ship time and island time? I am confused...:confused:

I would book with the ship and go to Coral World. They usually offer a few different options (trips with different activities) to this wonderful place. Being your first trip, you could also do a trip around the island or a snorkling trip. Big advantage to booking with the ship - if you are delayed for any reason, the ship waits for you. (Did for us in Cozumel). Private tour has a flat tire, you may be flying into the next port of call (make sure you carry your passport and a credit card in case this happens). I know many people go on private tours and take their chances, but often times these people have visited the port several times, know what they want to do, and are willing to chance it. I also feel safer on the ships tours. (I have been on 11 cruises)

We just booked our first cruise and now I would like to book an excursion on St. Thomas with Godfreytoursvi.com. Our ship is planned to arrive at 11 am... most tours are listed with an earlier time... are the tour operators using the ship time or is there a time difference between the ship time and island time? I am confused...:confused:

Send Godfeey an e-mail imcluding your ship's name and port times. Local tour operators often adjust to the ship's schedule.

You don't have to take the ship's cattle call tours. There's a slew of good local tour operators at St Thomas, and taxis are readily available for DIY.

here's a web site with all you ever wanted to know about the USVI::)

www dot vinow dot com

Happy cruising.

I would also send Godfrey an email telling him what ship, date and expected arrival time and see what he says about a time to meet. We have used him several times and he is an excellent guide.

He knows when the ships come in and he will tell you what time you are to meet etc. Also, our ship never changed time so our ship time was different than the local time. I'm sure he is familiar with what times the ships arrive as he has guests from many ships.

Enjoy!

I used Sonny Liston Tours, they were great. They use the same time as you do. You must try the Banana Daiquiri :D

Archived