Where to Stay in San Juan

Angeleyes1382

We're flying into San Juan Saturday, June 4th, 2011. We need a hotel for Saturday night. We cruise on the Carnival Victory from Sunday-Sunday. We are looking for somewhere to stay Sunday-Monday night and we'll be leaving San Juan on Tuesday around noon. We'd like to stay somewhere close to the pier on Saturday night so that we don't have to travel far on Sunday. We looked at the Sheraton Old San Juan, but were unable to find Saturday an available date without staying Friday night. Is the Sheraton the only hotel that is within walking distance of the Victory?

For our Sunday and Monday night stay we would like to stay somewhere that has a nice beach. We'll probably go on a Rainforest tour, but for the most part want to spend time on a beach. Any suggestions?

Thanks that is a great map. I'm wondering if any other hotels are within walking distance of the ship. I'd love to see the Victory come in on Sunday morning. We've thought about getting a room at Sheraton Old San Juan for Monday and Sunday night. We won't technically be spending the night on Sunday night, but it may be the only way that we can spend the night there on Saturday night. There is just no way we can make it in on Friday.

For your post cruise stay I would suggest any of the "resorts" on Priceline which include Marriott Stellaris, Intercontinental, Hilton Caribe and one other that slips my mind. Start your bidding at $95 and have fun. You can't go wrong with any of the resorts. They are all beachfront.

As far as the Sheraton OSJ, we stayed there too. It was in a great location, literally the ship is across the street. If you don't mind paying for an extra night it would be worth it to me. It's not a 5* hotel but the location makes up for it.

I just wrote this up in another post. Great hotel....3-4 blocks from nice beach. Great pool area to laze around in. Manager's reception, full breakfast...check it out on line. We really liked it. Wanted to be near port before cruise also...but thrilled when we saw this hotel and all it offered. Subway 2 blocks, groc store 3 blocks, taxi's all the time to take you anywhere. 20 bucks from airport to hotel...20 bucks to port. It was so nice and relaxing.

Archived