7 mile

carbon

I must be missing something... the last couple of times I have been to 7 mile beach it was not good. The hurricanes sure took their toll on that beach. Is it getting better? Was their March 2010. went to Sea Grapes.

I must be missing something... the last couple of times I have been to 7 mile beach it was not good. The hurricanes sure took their toll on that beach. Is it getting better? Was their March 2010. went to Sea Grapes.

In my opinion, Sea Grape is not nearly as nice a section of Seven Mile Beach as Royal Palms. That's unrelated to hurricane damage, which is mostly long since repaired all over the island. For me, it's that Royal Palms is a little further from the road, and has very good facilities that the restaurant keeps in excellent repair.

Thanks for your feedback. I am going in January and debating between Seven Mile Beach and Rum Point. What was the hurricane damage - to the beach, the restaurants/shops,etc. or both?

People should not worry about hurricane damage. It's not at all noticeable in the major tourist areas, and only occasionally noticeable throughout the rest of the island.

IMO, the biggest differences between Rum Point and Seven Mile Beach are the location and the style of beach. Seven Mile Beach is a long stretch of sandy, well developed beach close to the port area, with lots of shopping and restaurants close by. Rum Point is a small beach area on the far side of the island, with lots of overhanging trees and only one small beach bar/restaurant and one small gift shop.

Thanks for your feedback. I am going in January and debating between Seven Mile Beach and Rum Point. What was the hurricane damage - to the beach, the restaurants/shops,etc. or both?

Rum Point. NO contest. 7 Mile looks like it could be anywhere. No snorkeling or anything there. Nothing really to see. Rum Point was gorgeous, lots of snorkeling, truely a small, tropical cove. The food was MUCH better at Rum Point than The Reef/Royal Palms.

Rum Point:

2383588560071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

2827438820071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

2899229480071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

7 Mile/Royal Palms:

2349536110071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

2928568270071447156S425x425Q85.jpg

Thanks all for your feedback - especially for the pictures of Rum Point MamaParrotHead. Because I'll be traveling with a 15 month old and my parents and aunt, I think Rum Point may be more of our speed. My husband would enjoy the snorkeling there as well.

I was planning to take a tour that involved Rum Point (Native Way's Reef, Rays & Rum Point tour) - it is $62.50/pp includes lunch. My daughter was free but "no lunch for her!" I think the only ways to get there are through a tour and a rental car, no taxis will take you that far. I'm not sure I trust myself to drive on the left, plus we won't have a car seat for my daughter.

The tour does not require a credit card to hold, so I want a backup in case they leave without us or something. If we DO go to Seven Mile Beach we'll go to Royal Palms NOT Sea Grape (which is where the cruise excursion takes you).

Archived