Gay Cruisin in 2006

RMS Olympic

Well I just looked over the RSVP tentative 2006 schedule and saw nothing to ring my bell....but, unofficially Atlantis is scheduling a Rio carnival Cruise for Feb 2006. If this is true........and it appears to be after I called ATLANTIS.....I will book. The problem may come down to availability. If the cruise was opened to the crowd on the Navigator cruise they just finished...the ship might be already sold out...it is one of the Oceana cruise ships that holds only 700 passengers. Since the cruise will be pricey they might not have sold it out right away. Again if it is real pricey, I will have to take a share...so maybe I can find someone on the RSVP cruise next week.

Lets see what happens.

I am also planning a cruise in Fiji on Blue Lagoon Cruises. Either in March 2006 (unless the Rio trip happens) or November time frame.....will provide info to those interested.

Tom

There's a Mardi Gras cruise from February 26-March 4

Panama Canal cruise March 4-12

Both of these are on the Westerdam

There's also a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Diamond Princess from

October 28-November 4

A Royal Clipper cruise in March 2006. I think it starts off in Barbados.

And also a riverboat cruise in August 2006 witth 2 nights in Prague and 2 nights in Budapest. I think that cruise is for 11 days.

There's a Mardi Gras cruise from February 26-March 4

Panama Canal cruise March 4-12

Both of these are on the Westerdam

There's also a Mexican Riviera cruise on the Diamond Princess from

October 28-November 4

A Royal Clipper cruise in March 2006. I think it starts off in Barbados.

And also a riverboat cruise in August 2006 witth 2 nights in Prague and 2 nights in Budapest. I think that cruise is for 11 days.

Thanks for the info!!!

Panama Canal sounds intriguing, but I'm guessing that it's not a complete passage through to the Pacific - after all, Westerdam has to be back in Ft Lauderdale by Mar 12 for it's regularly scheduled cruises.

I'm sure that these are not the itineraries that HAL shows for those weeks on their site - that RSVP are doing special itineraries again for 2006.

Time to call the TA....

I've heard people on the various boards go on and on about Panama Canal

cruises. I've never had the desire to go on such a cruise but I'm wondering what would make such a cruise so interesting to other people?

I've never been on one either, but I think it's the idea of being on a sort of a grownups "Jungle Cruise" combined with witnessing first-hand the operation of one of the seven engineering wonders of the world.

---and w/ RSVP it sounds like an opportunity for a "Miss Panama Canal" contest...

:eek:

I did a full transit of the Panama Canal on the QE2 in 2003....I did have an interest in the Canal & readup on it before I left.

THe QE2 Canal transit is the first leg of the World Cruise so there was a different passenger mix than most cruises. The actual transit takes all day...it is festive as the passengers roam the ship watching the other ships go through the locks & the jungle. It is absolutely amazing to think this was man made.....it is so vast. I am not an engineer but the locks are fascinating...you actually get that sinking feeling as the ship is lowered..strange but fun. Going under The Bridge of the Americas is wonderful as the 2 continents are so close.

The QE2 was a 2 week trip ending in LA....we stopped in Ft Lauderdale for the day(shopping & lunch on Las Olas) Curacao(shopping/beach/ dinner & drinks at a hotel), Fuete amor(all the canal excursions & Panama City)Acapulco(The Princess Hotel for the day) & then a couple of days in Lala land. There were many sea days to relax & enjoy the ship(late nites). The 2 weeks flew by...the ship left NYC in a snowstorm, by the time we reached LA we all were well tanned!

After numerous times in the Carib, Hawaii, & west coast of Mexico ...the canal was a wonderful change & I would certainly do it again.

I wanted to do the full transit...the partial just seems that..partial!

BTW - I was sailing solo & met a wonderful mix of people including a group of FOD's from San Francisco. London & North Carolina! We had a ball & I would go again in a second.

As a resident of Manahattan was great not to fly to start the cruise...the car service picked me up & 15 minutes later I was on the pier!

Try it .....

Thanks for the info!!!

Panama Canal sounds intriguing, but I'm guessing that it's not a complete passage through to the Pacific - after all, Westerdam has to be back in Ft Lauderdale by Mar 12 for it's regularly scheduled cruises.

I'm sure that these are not the itineraries that HAL shows for those weeks on their site - that RSVP are doing special itineraries again for 2006.

Time to call the TA....

You'll love Panama and watching those big ships go up and down in the locks.

Do you get to stop at Colon?

The Panama canal is a great trip.

me...I intend to do the Rio Mardi Gras cruise with Atlantis next Feb...Will book a min outside share as soon as the books open.

I am hoping to find someone to share the cabin.....will be asking around on the Westerdam (RSVP) cruise next week......

Buenos AIres to Rio with 3 night in Rio for Mardi Gras....!!!!!!!

Also, there was something I saw last year on amazing Race where the people hang glided off a cliff to a beach....I intend to find out if Oceana cruise line can arrange that or do it myself.....it looked fabulous........I figure after that I won't have to go to the potty for a month.........hey, you only go around once in life!!!!!!!

Anyone interested in a South America Cruise??????????

Not to mention the eye candy on the Rio beaches......oh behave......

Morning Gents!

The new RSVP site is up w/ the 2006 cruises!

Feb 26-Mar 4 is the 6-day Mardi Gras Cruise via New Orleans & Mexico

March 4-12 is the 8-day Central America/Panama Cruise (the ship apparently doesnt enter the canal - but there will be excursions to see the canal) via Costa Rica, Panama & Key West

They are also offering a B2B - These are on Westerdam.

And for all you Princess lovers, they are also doing a Mexico cruise on Diamond Princess - Oct 28-Nov 4.

Anyone wanna share an SS on the B2B?

The Panama canal is a great trip.

me...I intend to do the Rio Mardi Gras cruise with Atlantis next Feb...Will book a min outside share as soon as the books open.

I am hoping to find someone to share the cabin.....will be asking around on the Westerdam (RSVP) cruise next week......

Buenos AIres to Rio with 3 night in Rio for Mardi Gras....!!!!!!!

Also, there was something I saw last year on amazing Race where the people hang glided off a cliff to a beach....I intend to find out if Oceana cruise line can arrange that or do it myself.....it looked fabulous........I figure after that I won't have to go to the potty for a month.........hey, you only go around once in life!!!!!!!

Anyone interested in a South America Cruise??????????

Not to mention the eye candy on the Rio beaches......oh behave......

http://www.justfly.com.br

Archived