Quads on Ryndam (S-Class)

jmps

Is the pull down bed in the quads on the Ryndam above the sofa? We are in an E quad cabin. We have only sailed on Vistas so far and the pull down bed on those was above the main bed. I hope that isn't the case on the Ryndam but if it is we will live with it. :-) Does anyone have a picture? I did a lot of searching on this but came up empty. Thanks!

Is the pull down bed in the quads on the Ryndam above the sofa? We are in an E quad cabin. We have only sailed on Vistas so far and the pull down bed on those was above the main bed. I hope that isn't the case on the Ryndam but if it is we will live with it. :-) Does anyone have a picture? I did a lot of searching on this but came up empty. Thanks!

Looking at the Deck plans for Ryndam the following are 2 Lower Beds convertible to one queen, 1 sofa bed and 1 upper bed (Pull Down Bunk) I cannot find any photos showing the room configuration so cannot answer where the bunk is. However, if the bunk is above the bed, have the stewards mmake the big bed up at the foor of the bed so there will be n head hitting or having your face stepped on.

E Quads Deck 5 - Main Deck the following staterooms only: E 667 through E 696

Joanie

We are going to be in E667. If we were on a Vista we would be getting a verandah cabin to get the extra outdoor space. But the Ryndam doesn't have quad verandahs except for suites.

Thanks fann1sh. Rapunsel, thanks, and please do post what you find and include a pic if you can.

Irl_Joanie, your site is SO great. If you don't have a pic to answer my question it appears no one does! If it is over the bed we will do as you say and put the "head" of the bed for us on the outside.

Please do pray for us. We are going to be in the same cabin with our 18 and 20 YO daughters for the first time since they were around 10-12. :-) But staying in a quad is letting us go on this vacation.

They do plan on showering in the gym.

We are going to be in E667. If we were on a Vista we would be getting a verandah cabin to get the extra outdoor space. But the Ryndam doesn't have quad verandahs except for suites.

Thanks fann1sh. Rapunsel, thanks, and please do post what you find and include a pic if you can.

Irl_Joanie, your site is SO great. If you don't have a pic to answer my question it appears no one does! If it is over the bed we will do as you say and put the "head" of the bed for us on the outside.

Please do pray for us. We are going to be in the same cabin with our 18 and 20 YO daughters for the first time since they were around 10-12. :-) But staying in a quad is letting us go on this vacation.

They do plan on showering in the gym.

OMG!!! An 18 and 20 year old in the same stateroom with you and hubby:eek: My friend, you have more guts than I would have!!:)

I think you will all do ok. After all, you have not killed them... YET:D

Joanie

OMG!!! An 18 and 20 year old in the same stateroom with you and hubby:eek: My friend, you have more guts than I would have!!:)

I think you will all do ok. After all, you have not killed them... YET:D

Joanie

It is even worse... I am the hubby. :-)

Here is a picture of Mrs Sjclynn and I in a Veendam cabin several years ago. If the attachment doesn't work, use this URL:

http://wiz.maceys.net/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=3331

As I recall, this was a 6xx numbered cabin. We were travelling with the kids so it was easier to just have the beds as twins. The steward would lower the bed and bring out the ladder on turn-down. The bed was not in the way during the daytime.

The fourth sleeping space was a sleeper sofa which, it you were taking the picture, would be to your immediate left.

I hope that this help.

Regards,

lynn

DSC00005_001.jpg.6c98c06d973d7a546f4f78c5eac81666.jpg

I was on the Ryndam in Dec '08 and was in the last cabin on the Lower Prom (L class). The day I disembarked, they were preping for the next cruise. the cabin was set up for upper and lower. I will try to attach photos.

cabin_bunk_02b.jpg.e2423e8fd87f78396a12d94827842f09.jpg

cabin_bunk_01b.jpg.d0fd74644ba2ec9bf4b5fbc31941f43b.jpg

Archived