Snorkeling in Belize

I have been searching and searching and I just can't seem to find a tour with what my group is looking for in Belize. We want to do some great snorkeling. We are not interested in Manatees, Cave-Tubing, Shark Alley, Mayan Ruins, etc. What would be perfect would, perhaps, be a tour that simply takes us to one of the cayes on the Barrier Reef without all the other thrills. I have heard good things about Rendezvous Caye and the ship seems to have tour that takes you, but I have read some pretty poor reviews of that tour.

Can anyone offer any good suggestions for some great snorkeling tours available? As always...thank you for your help!!

Last summer we did the snorkeling tour with private beach island afterwards. It was wonderful, lots of coral and the private beach was wonderful. (you will need cash for the bar there it is not a RCCL owned beach) then the catamaran took us directly back to the ship. (Rum punch on catamaran after snorkeling)

Last summer we did the snorkeling tour with private beach island afterwards. It was wonderful, lots of coral and the private beach was wonderful. (you will need cash for the bar there it is not a RCCL owned beach) then the catamaran took us directly back to the ship. (Rum punch on catamaran after snorkeling)

Could you tell me if this was a tour through RCI or was it an independant?

I have been searching and searching and I just can't seem to find a tour with what my group is looking for in Belize. We want to do some great snorkeling. We are not interested in Manatees, Cave-Tubing, Shark Alley, Mayan Ruins, etc. What would be perfect would, perhaps, be a tour that simply takes us to one of the cayes on the Barrier Reef without all the other thrills. I have heard good things about Rendezvous Caye and the ship seems to have tour that takes you, but I have read some pretty poor reviews of that tour.

Can anyone offer any good suggestions for some great snorkeling tours available? As always...thank you for your help!!

Coral Breeze/Hamerhead Water Sports!!!!

They met us at the pier and took us to Banister Caye and then off to the reef,

They were absolutely fantastic. A small boat with a GREAT crew.

I highly recommend them,

Coral Breeze/Hamerhead Water Sports!!!!

They met us at the pier and took us to Banister Caye and then off to the reef,

They were absolutely fantastic. A small boat with a GREAT crew.

I highly recommend them,

Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give them serious consideration for my December cruise.

I've twice done the ship's tour because they pick up at the ship. The boat was crowded,

but once we arrived at the caye the group spread out and the snorkeling at Rendezvous Caye was excellent.

Here's the Coral Breeze link:

http://www.coralbreezetours.com/Belize/Caye/Caulker/cruise/snorkeling/current_category.15/Product.2/tours_add.html?t_product=2

For Freddie, Here's a couple pictures of Rendezvous Caye:

http://travel.webshots.com/album/552120505VGqCka

Whatever you do, I would not recommend FAB tours. The boat was old, broken down, and overcrowded. They had so many people that once you got in the water people were kicking you and you couldn't see a thing. Plus, they made us miss last tender and had to drop us off alongside Navigator, which was very stressful and we got there about 5 minutes before the boat was supposed to leave.

We were on Carnival a few years ago and did the San Pedro tour. We snorkled, saw nurse sharks, eels, stingrays. We then when to San Pedro, had lunch and sat around a bar, where if you looked down, you could see where they had gamecock fights!:eek: interesting to say the least!

The town was great and loved every minute of that tour!!

We were on Carnival a few years ago and did the San Pedro tour. We snorkeled, saw nurse sharks, eels, stingrays. We then when to San Pedro, had lunch and sat around a bar, where if you looked down, you could see where they had gamecock fights!:eek: interesting to say the least!

The town was great and loved every minute of that tour!!

????Are you sure this was not the "Chicken Drop"???? No legal animal fighting here in San Pedro..

Archived