Just back from Freedom of the Seas Aft-6410/6412

We returned home yesterday from our first RCCI cruise. I promise to do a full report soon but I wanted to get some pictures of these AFT staterooms on this site as I had a difficult time finding them before my cruise. I also would warn others that I did not enjoy my stateroom-- 6410 (Mom was in 6412.) The room itself was too small--I have cruised before --so I know small but this room was for three, I tried more than once to move to a "side" room and was told the only ones left could only fit two people--well my sister had one and it was bigger than my room for three! My sofa (aka love seat) was munchkin sized. My sister had a full sized sofa in her two person room! We had to send my son to sleep on her sofa as he was MISERABLE on the bunk and woke us up every time he wiggled a toe up there above us.

As for the balcony it is huge as expected however we were plagued by the noisy crew on the crew deck below us. The smoking area for crew is just beneath and to the left of the balcony=no fun! The crew door BANGS LOUDLY as they enter and exit the smoking area. Water also drains down from the decks above when it rains and our balcony seemed to collect pingpong balls and other trash for some reason. The deck extending out and the superstructure did not bother us one bit. The view is still beautiful! If I was booked in one of these or even the Presidential Suite for an upcoming cruise I would move.

IMG_0660.jpg.3f4d872f37217e6c700e23ed76c302e7.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg.fd52d0305146ea8fe3d5f98dc3ebe6cb.jpg

If you look carefully at the center "frosted" section of the divider you can see it is covered with graffiti scratched into it

IMG_0662.jpg.b640155b99cbb122fe4dc4eefdc03582.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg.c3b50cde46506070aa08e2d1514d043b.jpg

This last one is looking down over the rail at the crew smoking area:

IMG_0665.jpg.90363fac0de6d94c772de4ecd08f2c23.jpg

P.S. The ship you can barely see was the NCL Epic docked behind us in St.Thomas--WOW! What a Beauty she is!

We returned home yesterday from our first RCCI cruise. I promise to do a full report soon but I wanted to get some pictures of these AFT staterooms on this site as I had a difficult time finding them before my cruise. I also would warn others that I did not enjoy my stateroom-- 6410 (Mom was in 6412.) The room itself was too small--I have cruised before --so I know small but this room was for three, I tried more than once to move to a "side" room and was told the only ones left could only fit two people--well my sister had one and it was bigger than my room for three! My sofa (aka love seat) was munchkin sized. My sister had a full sized sofa in her two person room! We had to send my son to sleep on her sofa as he was MISERABLE on the bunk and woke us up every time he wiggled a toe up there above us.

As for the balcony it is huge as expected however we were plagued by the noisy crew on the crew deck below us. The smoking area for crew is just beneath and to the left of the balcony=no fun! The crew door BANGS LOUDLY as they enter and exit the smoking area. Water also drains down from the decks above when it rains and our balcony seemed to collect pingpong balls and other trash for some reason. The deck extending out and the superstructure did not bother us one bit. The view is still beautiful! If I was booked in one of these or even the Presidential Suite for an upcoming cruise I would move.

[ATTACH]163580[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]163582[/ATTACH]

If you look carefully at the center "frosted" section of the divider you can see it is covered with graffiti scratched into it

[ATTACH]163583[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]163584[/ATTACH]

This last one is looking down over the rail at the crew smoking area:

[ATTACH]163586[/ATTACH]

P.S. The ship you can barely see was the NCL Epic docked behind us in St.Thomas--WOW! What a Beauty she is!

could you tell me how was the latin band playing at boleros

• 1 year later...

Thank you for the room photos, we are leaving on the FOS in two weeks and have few questions and looking forward to your review. I am very sorry that the room was smaller on the very aft, who would think? But its the actual stateroom that is most important to me and its unfortunate the very aft cabins are smaller not good to hear. I for one would not take the aft too much sun and not like it when people look right down my balcony but we all different. I have D category which is a large sofa the E are love seats.

We have few questions:

1-We have reservations for 2 nights Chops and 2 nights Portofino's and have show reservations for the 9pm show, would we make it in time for the shows?

For those who prebooked their shows how do they know, do you go in the theatre first...for those who did not pre-book did they have to wait and did everybody find seats?

2- How were the shows did you get a chance to see them, any favorites not so favorite ones?

3- How many nights did they have a comedian show?

4- I hope the windjammer remains to have good hot selection of foods such as meats and veggies, we not eat the fast food type foods.

5- Cafe promenade after 10pm did they offer any salads

6- Did you go to the pool deck party did they remain to have that great suckling pig and fresh bbq meats?

7- What did you like best about this ship and not like?

8- Was the embarkation horrible (it was both times I was on the LOS0 and what time did you get off the ship?

Thank you so very much.

Thank you for the room photos, we are leaving on the FOS in two weeks and have few questions and looking forward to your review. I am very sorry that the room was smaller on the very aft, who would think? But its the actual stateroom that is most important to me and its unfortunate the very aft cabins are smaller not good to hear. I for one would not take the aft too much sun and not like it when people look right down my balcony but we all different. I have D category which is a large sofa the E are love seats.

We have few questions:

1-We have reservations for 2 nights Chops and 2 nights Portofino's and have show reservations for the 9pm show, would we make it in time for the shows?

For those who prebooked their shows how do they know, do you go in the theatre first...for those who did not pre-book did they have to wait and did everybody find seats?

2- How were the shows did you get a chance to see them, any favorites not so favorite ones?

3- How many nights did they have a comedian show?

4- I hope the windjammer remains to have good hot selection of foods such as meats and veggies, we not eat the fast food type foods.

5- Cafe promenade after 10pm did they offer any salads

6- Did you go to the pool deck party did they remain to have that great suckling pig and fresh bbq meats?

7- What did you like best about this ship and not like?

8- Was the embarkation horrible (it was both times I was on the LOS0 and what time did you get off the ship?

Thank you so very much.

DId you notice the post is from 2010?????

Archived