Honeymoon Help

Hi everyone!

I am getting married in two short weeks and as wedding planning has taken over our honeymoon seems to be getting put to the side. I want to make this a memorable vacation for the two of us, and I know sailing on the Oasis will make it special! However, we are staying four days in Ft. Lauderale (at the hilton marina) and I am unsure of what to plan for those few days pre-cruise. We have some exciting things booked for the cruise so we are hoping to keep in low key for ft lauderdale. Any recomendations?!? Thanks in advance for your help:)

Hi everyone!

I am getting married in two short weeks and as wedding planning has taken over our honeymoon seems to be getting put to the side. I want to make this a memorable vacation for the two of us, and I know sailing on the Oasis will make it special! However, we are staying four days in Ft. Lauderale (at the hilton marina) and I am unsure of what to plan for those few days pre-cruise. We have some exciting things booked for the cruise so we are hoping to keep in low key for ft lauderdale. Any recomendations?!? Thanks in advance for your help:)

First of all, congratulations on your nuptials! We've stayed in Ft. Lauderdale precruise before, but only for one night. I just wanted to say that as someone who also cruised for her honeymoon, I would spend the four days pre-cruise relaxing, soaking in the sun, and eating good food (among other things! ;) ) You're right. The cruise is going to be action packed, so a little R&R after the wedding and before the cruise may be just what you need!

Congratulations!!

4 days prior to your Oasis cruise should give you time to unwind and relax. ;)

Some good beach time during the day followed by evenings filled with soft music and wine while watching beautiful sunsets should do the trick!!!

It will certainly set the mood for your cruise honeymoon. Enjoy!!

My advice would be not to plan a thing and just see where the days take you, but since you are here on CC, you are probably a planner and will not heed that advice anyway. lol. Congrats to you!

Hi everyone!

Congrats on the wedding! Check out the water taxi, there is a stop at your hotel. It's a fun and relaxing way to get to Riverwalk, or the beach. There's quite a few restaurants along the way also. The Captains do a narrative, it's really fun!

http://watertaxi.com/

Congrats on the upcoming wedding. :)

There is a water taxi stop right outside the hotel. (# 7 on the map below.) I'd suggest riding it both directions, and see where you land. Also, Hilton has a great pool, and a fun tiki bar. You're in walking distance of some good restaurants on 17th St. for dinner.

Here's the link for the water taxis. http://www.watertaxi.com I'd use the days for relaxing and pool time, and venture out at night. There are lots of fun bars/restaurants along the route.

Hope this helps.

Nancy

My advice is to research possible activities but don't commit to any. Take each day as they come and if you wake up and feel like doing nothing great. Or if you wake up wanting to do something exciting, you have your possibilities and can choose for that day. If anything needs advance notice, it should be a scheduled for day 3 of the 4 day pre cruise. Relax, sleep in (:D), and enjoy each other for those days.

Hi everyone!

Do you really need *us* to tell you what to do on your honeymoon?!?!?!? ;) :eek: :D

Archived