Vests?

SB2788

I have been on two cruises so far and have not seen anyone wearing vests on formal night. I'm considering doing so. Do you all think it's appropriate? I don't mind mind lugging the suit jacket with me, but would love to just be able to take a nice black wool-blend vest, a pair of slacks, a button down shirt, and a tie and wear that for the formal night. Do you think I will stick out? I'm not trying to look like a waiter, either!

I'm also toying with the idea of bringing the jacket with me and wearing both the jacket and vest. Do you think it's too formal for dinner on a 4 night cruise?

I love dressing up and wouldn't dream of not wearing something that's not formal for elegant night. I have to wear at least a tie for work everyday so I don't mind dressing up on vacation, either!

I have been on two cruises so far and have not seen anyone wearing vests on formal night. I'm considering doing so. Do you all think it's appropriate? I don't mind mind lugging the suit jacket with me, but would love to just be able to take a nice black wool-blend vest, a pair of slacks, a button down shirt, and a tie and wear that for the formal night. Do you think I will stick out? I'm not trying to look like a waiter, either!

I'm also toying with the idea of bringing the jacket with me and wearing both the jacket and vest. Do you think it's too formal for dinner on a 4 night cruise?

I love dressing up and wouldn't dream of not wearing something that's not formal for elegant night. I have to wear at least a tie for work everyday so I don't mind dressing up on vacation, either!

I think you'll look fine!!! QUITE FINE!!!

This is your cruise, first and foremost, this is YOUR cruise!!!! ...and what you describe is no offensive to anyone! You should wear it and be quite comfortable!!

I like to dress for most meals on our cruises. Even when my table mates come in shorts or capris, I feel quite fine in a cocktail dress or dressy outfit!

Go for it!!! Wear your vest, take or wear your jacket, add a tie or leave it off for an open shirt... You'll be PERFECT!!!

Yummy! (Personally I love to see a man in a vest and tie carrying his jacket over his shoulder, rakish yet quite suitably attired).

I would believe a vest to be perfectly appropriate in the MDR on 'formal night'.

Go for it and enjoy your cruise.

I hope my significant other doesn't see this. He's threatening to wear his LIFE vest to the formal dinner.

Please help out by selecting an appropriately bright tie to complement the color Life Vest Orange. Your dining mates will appreciate it.

Please help out by selecting an appropriately bright tie to complement the color Life Vest Orange. Your dining mates will appreciate it.

I will be happy to loan him a UT tie. :D

OP, I think you will look nice. Wear your vest and enjoy it. I love to wear sparkly attire on elegant nite. :D

Archived