Sports Match - Sat 31 July - Jewel of Seas

My Other half is a Kiwi and a keen All Black Supporter.

The All blacks have a Match on Sat 31 July (approx 10.00gmt) - New Zealand v Australia...

I understand the world cup football was shown on some ships recently, anyone know if they will show other sports matches bearing in mind this will be on a sea day so not sure of the TV satellite reception...

My Other half is a Kiwi and a keen All Black Supporter.

The All blacks have a Match on Sat 31 July (approx 10.00gmt) - New Zealand v Australia...

I understand the world cup football was shown on some ships recently, anyone know if they will show other sports matches bearing in mind this will be on a sea day so not sure of the TV satellite reception...

Hi tinkerfenwick,

We'll also be on this cruise. We're Kiwis too, and will also be interested in the All Black-Wallaby match.

I hope there will be coverage on board, but I'm not holding out too much hope.

Great - Greg will be pleased - He is thinking if NZ win this Sat then the Tri-nations belongs to NZ.... I on the hand spend 10 years living in South Africa - so think otherwise - altho after the poor Boks performance the past few weeks, I think I may change my team this year....

Looking forward to catching up on soooon....

Am also thinking we maybe too far away from land to pick up reception - as will probably be bobbing about in the North Sea on Sat morning...!

They normally receive their television programming via satellite not from land-based stations and so being a distance from land will not be a determining factor. Whether or not they will be able to get satellite transmissions in their location at sea and whether or not the cable channels that they can receive will carry the game in question is something that you may only find out once you are onboard.:)

They normally receive their television programming via satellite not from land-based stations and so being a distance from land will not be a determining factor. Whether or not they will be able to get satellite transmissions in their location at sea and whether or not the cable channels that they can receive will carry the game in question is something that you may only find out once you are onboard.:)

Hi

The game will be on live on SKY Sports (satellite broadcaster) on Saturday morning in the UK so you have a good chance of seeing it.

EDIT: Programme starts at 10:30am UK time SKY Sports 2

Hi

The game will be on live on SKY Sports (satellite broadcaster) on Saturday morning in the UK so you have a good chance of seeing it.

Does the ship normally carry SKY Sports broadcasts when it is in Europe? If so, your chances of seeing it are pretty good, but if not, you may be out of luck. Our only experiences on European cruises has been on westbound transatlantics and SKY Sports was never an option as far as I could determine. Our only options for sports programming were ESPN International.

Hi

All ships show ESPN, not Sky.

Archived