This old dog learned a new "Platinum" trick...

LHP

I dont mean to be personal, but I am just curious..

How do you and your husband have the funds/time/ etc, to travel that much?

Pleaes tell me what I am doing wrong!!

I want to cruise 3+ times a year too!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D

We cruise 2-3 x per year and afford it as we did not travel for some time and paid off all of our debt. All a matter of priorities.

BTW we made platinum at 60. Would have done it earlier but got a late start on cruising.

Not that I've had any problems getting on to a tender from a port but this will be nice...

Can you imagine how tweaked the folks in line will be as the Platinum and above guests just wander up in front of the tender queue?

:rolleyes:

It helps on the debark to have the person in uniform parting the crowd and running interference. We've been heckled and heard boos when going down to catch the tender. The purser told us to ignore them and stick with her. Not sure I would risk it getting back on the ship without having a bodyguard.

Most platinum are octogenarians anyways. They should get something. At this rate. That is when I will join the platinum club. Ok so maybe your not all old. But really who cares. There probably aren't that many at one given time to make a huge line difference.

LOL as mentioned by other posters.. not true.. I am early 40's hubby is early 30's and we are both Platinum.. well hubby will be next cruise... as for affording it.. we just don't splurge on other things we are by no means rich..;) rich in life but not money:D

We cruise 2-3 x per year and afford it as we did not travel for some time and paid off all of our debt. All a matter of priorities.

BTW we made platinum at 60. Would have done it earlier but got a late start on cruising.

Exactly...priorities..I don't eat out or go to the mall or the movies...I like to cruise and that's where my $$ goes..I took my 1st cruise in 2004......;)

Someone posted way back when and I don't think I saw an answer..... I will be platinum on our next cruise but DH is not. Since we are traveling together does he get priority tendering too? Not so big a deal as we will only be tendering in Belieze and we are taking a Carnival excursion, but when we want to return to the ship it would be nice if he could join me in going to the front of the line.........:D

took our first cruise in 1991, won that one, and we were hooked. no we are not in our 80's and yes we cruise 3-4 times a year, how do we do it. a smart hubby who worked his butt off married 5 daughters sent all to college with no debt... it's all a matter of what's important to you...we came from nothing, so we tried to never forget how hard it was to get where we are. and i ignore the boos.... everyone has to earn platinum just like we did

My question is similar to SparksCruiser. I'll be platinum on our Liberty cruise in November but DH won't. Will we both have platinum cards since we're in the same room and on the same S&S card or will our cards be different colors, ie mine platinum and his gold? And if different color cards, since he's on the same S&S card can he go with me to the front of the line? :confused:

My question is similar to SparksCruiser. I'll be platinum on our Liberty cruise in November but DH won't. Will we both have platinum cards since we're in the same room and on the same S&S card or will our cards be different colors, ie mine platinum and his gold? And if different color cards, since he's on the same S&S card can he go with me to the front of the line? :confused:

Your card will be Platinum and your DH will be gold, but he is with you, so he is entitled to the same perks as you, so no problem taking him to the front of the line with you, unless of course, you want to keep that your little secret and make him wait!:p

Your card will be Platinum and your DH will be gold, but he is with you, so he is entitled to the same perks as you, so no problem taking him to the front of the line with you, unless of course, you want to keep that your little secret and make him wait!:p

Thanks so much for the reply - didn't want to get to the front of the line and be told he had to go to the back!:p

Yeesh, that's a perk I don't think I'd have the courage to redeem. My father would do it in a heartbeat, though. :D If they had a separate line for Platinum guests, then I would do it... but I wouldn't want to walk to the front of the line.

Yes.

I recall years ago when Universal Studios in Orlando started offering 'front of the line access' to guests staying at one of their on site hotels. We were a group of 8 staying at the Hard Rock when it just opened (it was really a nice hotel)...we got to the park, and upon going to our first amusement ride, were ushered in through the back to hop right on. You would not BELIEVE the looks we got. If looks could kill, we'd have certainly been dead on the spot.

It was freaking awesome :D

Universal has a separate line for resort guests, so you aren't actually cutting. They are the "express" lines that used to work like Disney's FastPass system (free to all guests... get a new one every two hours or when the prior can be redeemed). I think it's annoying that Universal now charges for its Express pass if you're not staying at their resorts, but I always stay onsite at Universal and Disney, so it doesn't affect me.

Universal has a separate line for resort guests, so you aren't actually cutting. They are the "express" lines that used to work like Disney's FastPass system (free to all guests... get a new one every two hours or when the prior can be redeemed). I think it's annoying that Universal now charges for its Express pass if you're not staying at their resorts, but I always stay onsite at Universal and Disney, so it doesn't affect me.

Yes, I was there in March....but years ago, there was no seperate line, they just ushered you in through the exit. It was weird...but so nice to avoid the lines.

Now there are more on site hotels and like you said, you can actually purchase an expresss pass, so it isn't quite as good as it once was, but it still beats the longer wait...as being platinum on CCL will be nice as well. :)

Just priority embark is a treat :)

Yes, I was there in March....but years ago, there was no seperate line, they just ushered you in through the exit. It was weird...but so nice to avoid the lines.

Now there are more on site hotels and like you said, you can actually purchase an expresss pass, so it isn't quite as good as it once was, but it still beats the longer wait...as being platinum on CCL will be nice as well. :)

Just priority embark is a treat :)

That's weird because I was there in 2003 and 2004 and they had the Express Pass system that was nearly identical to Disney's FP, then when I returned to Uni in 2007, Express was for resort guests only, but there was also the option to purchase it. I do remember a weird back-entry line for the Hulk, though.

I wonder what year they made the change? The Express lines had been there before, back when Express was free to all. Maybe they hadn't added the lines to the attractions that didn't have Express, yet.

That's weird because I was there in 2003 and 2004 and they had the Express Pass system that was nearly identical to Disney's FP, then when I returned to Uni in 2007, Express was for resort guests only, but there was also the option to purchase it. I do remember a weird back-entry line for the Hulk, though.

I wonder what year they made the change? The Express lines had been there before, back when Express was free to all. Maybe they hadn't added the lines to the attractions that didn't have Express, yet.

The year I am talking about was 1999 (give or take one year)...whatever year the Hard Rock Hotel opened there...that is the year we first went. There were only 2 on site hotels at the time, the Hard Rock and one other.

Archived