Raddisson Hotel

jmb4534

Is the Raddisson Hotel within walking distance from the tender pier in Belize City?

Do they sell day passes?

Thanks!

it's maybe a 1/2 mile walk. You can get there 2 ways, longer but least amount of hawkers and excursion sellers way is go right out of th eTV and walk along the sidewalk past the light house and then the promenade up to the Hotel. You can't miss it. Shorter way is to go left out of the TV, battle the vendors, cross the street, then right on Park past the big park and then left to the hotel.

I have no idea if they sell day passes, but you can probably google them and then email the hotel to see.

We drove by the Radisson in June on the way out of town on our Lamanai Tour. You may want to research it a bit more. While our guide said it was the nicest hotel in Belize, I'm not sure I would want to spend my cruise day there. I would think about a tour, or staying on the ship, first.

Thanks, Dug. Found reviews on another website and it does sound "iffy". As you said, the best hotel to be found there, but not a great place to be overall. I guess we are back to our original plan of spending a bit of time at Tourist Village, and then returning to a nice, quiet ship.

Thanks for the replies. We decided to do cave tubing with Major/Minor Tom after reading some of the reviews.

It appeared that using the ship's pool would have been a better option than the hotel :o

Archived