Convincing the Wife to Go

My BIL and SIL recently invited us to join them on a 4-night cruise on Oct. 28 on the Destiny. However, my DW is a firm believer in "one cruise per year" and said "NO" despite the fact we have not cruised this year. Her reason is that we've already been on vacation this year. :rolleyes:

I'm really interested in achieving Platinum status at some point (I think she is, too), so I explained to her the most efficient way to Platinum is to take short, frequent cruises since it doesn't make a difference how long they are. I'm still trying to talk my DW into it, so I'm using this reasoning!

Any other ideas? By the way, the "it's my money" argument won't work if I want to continue sleeping in my bedroom! :D:D

How about asking your wife WHY she has that hard and fast rule.

I know, actually talking out marital issues instead of taking the advice of a bunch of internet strangers who know nothing of the dynamics of your relationship is just crazy.

Tell her that "vacation" does not mean the same as "cruise" and that you guys would really be missing out on something great. You both deserve this! But who knows...the true reason may be that she planned to surprise you with a cruise. :D I don't know, just a thought. Show her how much you want this.

I'm also curious to know why she is determined that you can't go because you've already been on vacation this year.....

My DH and I take 4-5 vacations every year and love it!! It's a great stress reliever (job wise) and we always enjoy each other's company while on vacation. :)

On the other hand....I second the "I'm going, are you going to join me?" approach...:D Good luck!!

How about asking your wife WHY she has that hard and fast rule.

I know, actually talking out marital issues instead of taking the advice of a bunch of internet strangers who know nothing of the dynamics of your relationship is just crazy.

I'm LOLing!:D

I'm also curious to know why she is determined that you can't go because you've already been on vacation this year.....

My DH and I take 4-5 vacations every year and love it!! It's a great stress reliever (job wise) and we always enjoy each other's company while on vacation. :)

On the other hand....I second the "I'm going, are you going to join me?" approach...:D Good luck!!

Maybe there are perfectly legitimate financial, employment, or childcare issues involved that the OP doesn't want to face up to.

I hate this type of thread. If I was the OP's spouse, I would be highly, highly insulted that he felt the need, even in this vague and nebulous way, to share our personal details on the internet, basically called me the bad guy, and thinks that he's going to get good ideas from a bunch of internet yahoos he doesn't know. But hey, that's me.

Maybe there are perfectly legitimate financial, employment, or childcare issues involved that the OP doesn't want to face up to.

I hate this type of thread. If I was the OP's spouse, I would be highly, highly insulted that he felt the need, even in this vague and nebulous way, to share our personal details on the internet, basically called me the bad guy, and thinks that he's going to get good ideas from a bunch of internet yahoos he doesn't know. But hey, that's me.

No issues like that exist, except that she'd rather not take time off from work.

I actually didn't "feel the need", and I certainly don't find it any more insulting than those who come on here bragging about joining the "balcony club". :rolleyes:

I tend to see lots of threads I don't find appealing...I usually don't read nor reply to them.

Finally, I didn't find the situation to be uncommon and merely thought it would be fun to see what others think. For those who did reply, thanks for having fun with it! :)

I would think that if it was any of what you mentioned, then he would not need to convince her to go and he would not have posted this thread.....I don't think that is his intention on this thread.

We take 3 and 4 day weekends several times a year to camp. We usually consider these "stress relievers". She seems to be very traditional about one "big" vacation per year. I really like the "4-night getaway" approach, though! :D

No issues like that exist, except that she'd rather not take time off from work.

I actually didn't "feel the need", and I certainly don't find it any more insulting than those who come on here bragging about joining the "balcony club". :rolleyes:

I tend to see lots of threads I don't find appealing...I usually don't read nor reply to them.

Finally, I didn't find the situation to be uncommon and merely thought it would be fun to see what others think. For those who did reply, thanks for having fun with it! :)

I agree with you totally! I don't read may of these threads anymore either due to the nature of responses some people post. I do my role call on a regular basis, but that's about it.

Oh well, I hope you eventually talk her into it! You two could have a great time whether it's your 2nd vacation or 10th vacation this year!!

We take 3 and 4 day weekends several times a year to camp. We usually consider these "stress relievers". She seems to be very traditional about one "big" vacation per year. I really like the "4-night getaway" approach, though! :D

That's a great one! Tell her instead of camping for a 4-day getaway, you'd like to take a different type of getaway and go somewhere tropical!

I am trying to think of advice to give you. I cant. How can you reason with a Crazy person! :p

Purchase it, and say...Merry Christmas, Honey! Now dont expect an expensive Christmas gift this year. ;)

I'm with Lemur on part of this: there may be other issues at hand. Poster said she does not want to take more time off work - could be the kind of job it is hard to catch up on when away or financially SHE feels she can't afford to miss work or maybe boss gives her a hard time. If poster is like my husband (and I love him dearly) he comes up with the idea but then I have to do the arranging, scheduling etc. Another poster said that maybe she didn't want to go with the other couple - sometimes you get along well but vacationing together is another story (and boy do I have some of those issues with my sister in law). I think he should drop it if she really doesn't want to go - will she enjoy herself if forces to go.

Still scratching my head .

For the life of me I can't figure out why someone would not want to hop on a ship if there were nothing stopping them .

I was going to do the Dec 5th on the Sensation , but finances won't allow one that soon . I am still trying to figure out a way though .

I say tell her we are going , but don't go without her , you might not have a place when you get back , least that is what would happen for me .

Archived