Opinion for port everglades hotels

liberty080208

We will be sailing on Oasis on the 9/4 sailing. I currently have 2 hotels booked, the Embassy Suites on SE 17th Street, and the Hyatt Summerfield on SW 18th. We are renting a car on Thursday -- we are going to spend a few days pre-cruise -- and returning on Saturday at the cruise port. I need a suite room as there are 5 of us travelling, so my choices are based on that. Wanted to get opinions on each hotel, since we'll have a car we will be able to drive to places, but I don't know which is better/closer to the Port? Any advice is appreciated! Can't WAIT for 9/4! :D

We have stayed at the Embassy Suites about 8-9 times and are booked there again in 3 weeks. A good hotel in a great area..alot of shops and good resturants within walking distance...free Manager's reception 5-7 each evening...cooked to order buffet in the AM... only a few blocks from the port entrance... very popular with cruisers...

havea great cruise...

We will be sailing on Oasis on the 9/4 sailing. I currently have 2 hotels booked, the Embassy Suites on SE 17th Street, and the Hyatt Summerfield on SW 18th. We are renting a car on Thursday -- we are going to spend a few days pre-cruise -- and returning on Saturday at the cruise port. I need a suite room as there are 5 of us travelling, so my choices are based on that. Wanted to get opinions on each hotel, since we'll have a car we will be able to drive to places, but I don't know which is better/closer to the Port? Any advice is appreciated! Can't WAIT for 9/4! :D

Since you are going to be there for a few days, why not stay away from the port area where you are closer to the beach? There are many hotels/resorts around FT. Lauderdale that are lovely and quiet. You will have a car, so getting to Las Olas for shopping or dining is not going to be an issue. While many of the hotels along 17th are quite nice, the area has about the same ambience of staying in your local strip mall. On sailing day the driver could drop the luggage and others off at the ship, then return the rental car. The area is very easy to get around in, and sailing day is going to be a mess nomatter where you stay.

What does Embassy charge for parking your rental? Same question for Summerfield. If you'll have a car, that would be a point of concern at the Embassy S. I think Summerfield will include parking. However of the two hotels, I like the ES for its amenities and location.

Archived