Bus to Cancun...help!

fiorile833

So I am planning a snorkel trip with Eagle Ray Divers in Cozumel for the day and am clear on taking the ferry over from Playa Del Carmen. Buttttt does anyone have any experience in taking a bus to/from Cancun??

I was able to find a little information about it, but love the helpful responses on these boards and was hoping to hear something a little more personable about the trip!

Thanks guys!

Take a colectivo, much cheaper and readily available...

Search on Google for Collectivo, it will tell you where to find them. They are public transportation that run up and down the main highway. I took one from Playa to Tulum. On the way back we just stood on the side of the road for 2 minutes and one came by. They flash their lights, if you need them, just hold out your hand and they pick you up.

ps. Great choice with Eagle Ray, tell Chellie Victor from AR said HI!

http://www.travelyucatan.com/collectivo.php

I think there is a colectivo stop in Playa is across from the bus station just a couple of blocks from the ferry. oOtherwise you can walk down Juarez to 307 and catch one anywhere along there. No sure on the frequency of running, so be sure you give yourself plenty of time to get back and catch a ferry that arrives back in Coz at least 1 hour (ship's time/not Coz time) before the ship is scheduled to leave.

Ditto, on the south side from the bus terminal is the Colectivo and taxi stands. There is a little booth set up, tell the fellow where you want to go and he will point you to the correct van. Make sure that you tell him Colectivo not taxi. Big difference in the price. Have no fear of traveling by Colectivo, lots of fun and a great way to hang out with the locals and more intrepid travelers. The Colectivos will be in the rear of the area, the taxis will be at the front. Be real careful of the ferry times, they have a tendency to change with very short notice.

Archived