Orange juice

Talli

I read under the secrets thread that you can get orange juice in the Lido all day if you remember where you got it for breakfast. That they don't actually remove the juice, just the sign??? Is this still true? Or is better to just bring my own? I want to use it for a mixer for the rum I am getting through the BV dept. BTW, I am sailing on Freedom if that makes any difference.

TIA!

Talli

I read under the secrets thread that you can get orange juice in the Lido all day if you remember where you got it for breakfast. That they don't actually remove the juice, just the sign??? Is this still true? Or is better to just bring my own? I want to use it for a mixer for the rum I am getting through the BV dept. BTW, I am sailing on Freedom if that makes any difference.

TIA!

Talli

Take a bottle just in case. Depending on your ship, you may have a fridge and can store it there. Otherwise, your steward will be happy to keep a collapsable cooler filled with ice so you can store it there.

I believe that you can also get juice through room service - and more than just OJ - all day long.

Thanks for the responses! I think I will just bring my own. Less hassle for mixing my own drink in my room. Also didn't even think about the oj not being very good. If I didn't like it my rum would be useless to me since I only drink it with oj......

TIA!

Talli

The orange drink (not orange juice) is only available at breakfast. They do more than change the signs as the same dispenser is used for tea and lemonade later in the day.

Thanks for the responses! I think I will just bring my own. Less hassle for mixing my own drink in my room. Also didn't even think about the oj not being very good. If I didn't like it my rum would be useless to me since I only drink it with oj......

They use a concentrate and IMHO water it down way too much. For some reason though the pineapple juice is excellent.

I know it's all personal taste, but I'd recommend using the fruit punch, lemonade, or pineapple-orange-guava mix (I think the Ecstasy had that) over plain ol orange juice.

Makes it feel a little more "tropical" :)

Sorry to burst your bubble but the fruit punch was thrown overboard.

They use a concentrate and IMHO water it down way too much.

That is for the OJ in the machines. To get the real OJ, they are in pitchers located on a carts located in the grill area near the kitchen access doors, center. The OJ in the machine dispensers is horrible, the pitcher stuff is the real thing.

The stuff in the machines comes in bladders and when they are empty after breakfast - they dont refill or replace them. Some will stick tea in its place but mostely they just remove the signs and then reload them in the mornings. Im sure each ship has their own way of doing things.

i just did an rccl cruise and it was nice. Not great, nice. the first day that breakfast was served, sunday, i entered the windjammer and there was a guy at the door who said "fresh squeezed oj"? i saw the machine and thought, wow that is nice. i took the glass turned to go and he said "seapass, please"..damn cup cost 3 bucks..

That is for the OJ in the machines. To get the real OJ, they are in pitchers located on a carts located in the grill area near the kitchen access doors, center. The OJ in the machine dispensers is horrible, the pitcher stuff is the real thing.

I will look for that next time. I do know that the OJ in the DR and room service is also rather bad.

I just called last night to see if there is oj and was told that the oj is not complimentary. I seem to remember it in the self serve things at breakfast, but it was not even worth drinking. I was told that I can get oj at the bars with a soda card. My two boys will be doing a lot of running back and forth to get me oj for my pre-dinner drinks!! (and gingerale for my daughters)

TIA!

Talli

This is going to vary allot from ship to ship, maybe ever from sail to sail. On the Liberty in may they had one juice station, upstairs by fish and chips, that they kept up all day with OJ/APPLE/Passionfruit. But that was only one station and it was kind of tucked away. Best thing to do is do some explorations once you're on board.

i just did an rccl cruise and it was nice. Not great, nice. the first day that breakfast was served, sunday, i entered the windjammer and there was a guy at the door who said "fresh squeezed oj"? i saw the machine and thought, wow that is nice. i took the glass turned to go and he said "seapass, please"..damn cup cost 3 bucks..

That's just wrong!!! They should of had a sign or something!:)

That's just wrong!!! They should of had a sign or something!:)

well, it was day one and they were getting suckers like me. believe me, i ignored him the rest of the week and just got some from the "concentrate machine"...wasnt as good, but it was oj.

btw, the guy behind me did the same thing and when he was asked for a seapass he said "the hell". it was funny.

I just called last night to see if there is oj and was told that the oj is not complimentary. I seem to remember it in the self serve things at breakfast, but it was not even worth drinking. I was told that I can get oj at the bars with a soda card. My two boys will be doing a lot of running back and forth to get me oj for my pre-dinner drinks!! (and gingerale for my daughters)

another case of Carnival reps don't know Jack!

It can be ordered all day thru room service for free and at the breakfast buffet for free.

I like the apple juice and yes they did take that really good punch away from us:mad:

I drink flavored rums on the rocks:p yummmmmmmmy

On Fascination it was available (the concentrate) until around 11am when they started switching over to lunch. The replaced it with lemonade so it wasn't there with the sign removed, there was a whole different drink in it's place. Then on the 3rd day (I think) the lemonade was really strong like the mix was wrong and they pulled it and put OJ back in it's place so it was served all day that day and the next. In fact I don't remember lemonade coming back after that.

Archived