Cave Tubing SHOES question

lumpkin8

We are doing this in late August. I have read that enclosed or strapped shoes are best, particularly old sneakers. But we are only travelling with carry-ons, and we won't have room for an extra pair of shoes each that we will only be wearing once. What about the rubber "ballerina flats" style pool shoes that are commonly worn at the beach or pool, which cover the foot but don't really have much support on the botton? Will they hold up on the 30 minute walk to the tubing area, or is that a fairly difficult walk? Thanks.

We are doing this in late August. I have read that enclosed or strapped shoes are best, particularly old sneakers. But we are only travelling with carry-ons, and we won't have room for an extra pair of shoes each that we will only be wearing once. What about the rubber "ballerina flats" style pool shoes that are commonly worn at the beach or pool, which cover the foot but don't really have much support on the botton? Will they hold up on the 30 minute walk to the tubing area, or is that a fairly difficult walk? Thanks.

We bought pool/beach shoes from Walmart. Perfectly fine and not expensive. My pair has a hard sole, which was great for walking to the start of the cave tube experience. I wore mine all the time, and I will again on the next cruise. You need something on that walk to protect your feet and that can get wet. I do not recommend sneakers. I think those will get uncomfortable after getting wet.

We did this excursion this past march and rented the water shoes they have there, they didn't have any support on bottom, hiking to the starting point of cave tubing was a little uncomfortable but definately not unbearable....if i were to do again, i would agian rent the shoes vs. taking my own.:D

• 3 weeks later...
They also have water shoes there that you can rent for a few bucks per person.

But, they are nasty. Get the cheap water shoes from wal mart and throw them away after. Some groups offer to buy them.

We bought really cheap tennis shoes from Walmart that we wore only for cave-tubing and both my husband and myself left them outside the bathrooms, I knew we were not going to wear them again and hope that someone else could of used them.

Archived