Distance to Segway tour from Pan Am pier

pezie

We are reserved for the Segway tour after disembarking the Serenande. I vaguely recall reading the Segway place was walking distance from the pier, but is it at the other pier that other cruise lines sail from? Will I need to take a cab?

Segway says they will store our luggage, but what a pain to pack it in a cab, unload and repeat after the tour. I may do the Luggage Valet program. $20 pp isn't bad; I think it was a lot more on my last NCL cruise.

Also, I couldn't get the Pan American pier to show up on Google maps or Mapquest. What are the magic words to search for. My results were all hotels. :confused: Thankfully I saw a post of the general location on another thread. I just wanted to get directions from our hotel since we are coming in a day early(I've missed the ship trying to fly in to San Juan the day of the cruise). And I've taken a taxi where the driver didn't know where the pier was! (That may have been in Barcelona, though.)

Sorry so long. I know I sound uptight. I think I am ready for this cruise!! :D

Here is the Pan American Pier on Google Maps. Note this ship in the satellite photo.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=*&sll=18.45948,-66.098739&sspn=0.005984,0.00824&ie=UTF8&hq=*&hnear=&t=h&z=17

Here is an annotated photo showing the San Juan piers and hotels.

San Juan Piers and Hotel Aerial and FAQs

The Segway tour is just down the street from the pier in Old San Juan. This is across the bay from the Pan Am pier. You had better check on the luggage express as it was posted here a few weeks ago that it is no longer available.

Enjoy your cruise and the Segway tour. We did it in Feb and had a great time.

Thanks for the map and help.

I went to the Royal Caribbean's website and it still mentions the Luggage Valet program. So, hopefully it is still going. I wonder if it was Carnival's Luggage Express program that has stopped.

I'll know for sure next week on RCCI!

Archived