Reports of YOUR visit to STVI and Coki AREA cleanup or other Beach choice

lrskier

I am wanting to read about coki and the atmosphire in the area I'm honest enough to admit that things like the shooting happen everywhere some people choose to keep blinders on heck we have had like 5 murders over the past 3 months and I live in a pretty small area ..... very sadly these things occure everywhere .... we sail Sept 25th and this will be our 3rd trip to St Thomas I am looking forward to Coki beach and coral world .... as the saying goes "it is what it is" life is life make the most of it .... I refuse to hide onboard the Dream when we are on this beautiful island we have had people ask us why we are doing a 3rd eastern caribbean cruise and our response is we have not seen all these beautiful islands have to offer so we pick something different to do each visit .... this visit our agenda is to see coki beach and check out coral world so please if you have been there since the cleanup post what it is like

thanks in advance !!!

Just back from the Dream and while we did not swim at Coki we were with Godfrey when he picked up some people there. There were police visible, no loiterers hanging about, and the people we spoke to said they felt totally safe. St. Thomas itself has changed in the 7 years since I have been there and I didn't feel the islanders were as friendly, but maybe they are sick of the rude cruisers storming their island.....JMO.

We just came back a few weeks ago from a weeks stay on St. Thomas (July 23 through 31), and we took a day trip over to Coki and Coral World....and we had no problems at all.

We had a rental car, drove through the area in question, and although poverty is noticeable, there was no signs of gangs or violence. We felt perfectly safe. There is a growing involvement of politicians and police to ensure the safety of the tourists.....

We actually saw more issues getting groceries at a local grocery store in town than we did over by Coki...

Archived