carry-on with tags?

acquablue

We will just crusing with our carries-on and I would like to know if we need to put the carnival tags on them or if we can take ourselves the carries-on on our stateroom

You can carry them on yourselves -- so long as they fit in the screener compartment (about the same size as screeners for carry-ons at the airport). But generally, if you board before 1:30 or so, you have to carry your carry-ons with you. The cabins usually aren't available until after 1:30, sometimes later, and they usually won't even let you just drop your stuff in your cabin.

I always put on the tags anyway..if I set my bag down somewhere on board and forget it, having a name/cabin number on it will ensure it'll end up in my cabin.

Another one who also puts the tags on the carry-ons. My rationale is that if I somehow sit my bag down somewhere (unlikely but it could happen), then it might still make it to my room.

I actually laminate our tags and my Mom likes to leave them on her tote bag and walker until she gets a new one for her next cruise. Kind of a reminder of the cruise...and also a conversation starter.

Tags on everything. Never know if you set one down next to someone who has one exactly like yours. This way you only check the tag, and not the contents. Also, like the others said, if you set it down and forget it, it will probably make it back to your stateroom.

Archived