Venice - 9:30 a.m flight home too early???

05mak05

We've booked the 12-night Celebrity Millennium cruise from Barcelona to Venice. We arrive in Venice on day #12 at noon and fly home at 9:30 a.m. on the 13th day. When a ship is already docked, can you disembark very early morning to get to the airport - like 6:30 a.m.? Or should we change our flight to a later one?

The Celebrity brochure (that described shore excursions) that was sent to us allmost one month before the cruise last May indicated that flights out of Venice had to be scheduled after 11 am. I don't know if this policy still holds. I called Celebrity early this January and they had not decided as to the specific time. We are shceduled to fly out of Venice this year on May 27.As a result I scheduled our flights after 11 am. However, 3 years ago we had a flight out of Istanbul at 8:30 am and we were out of the ship at 6 am. You need to call Celebrity.

We came off the Millie in Venice last summer what with getting a water taxi to take you to the airport or walking up the hill to get a bus, it still takes a 1/2 hr to 1 hr to get to the airport. That is without waiting for the bus or water taxi, so in my opinion that is too early a flight to make. We were one of the first groups off and did not think we left much before 8 am

Archived