Airport Shuttle from Miami Cruise Ship Terminal to MIA

Speedo

Does anyone know of a shuttle from Cruise Ship Terminal to MIA (not NCL Shuttle)? I just need a ride to the airport to pick up a rental car after our debarkation. We are staying in Miami for additional days, and need a rental that can be dropped off back at the airport when we leave on an early morning flight. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My husband and I will be flying in to Miami for our cruise in Oct. From what I've found out on here is you can catch a cab and I think it's $12 a person. Works the same way when you get off the ship. There's cabs there and you can get one to the airport. As far as a shuttle I don't know about those and the cost.

They have rental car shuttles to and from Port of MIA and MIA Int'l Airport. Make sure you have reservations first because when the Rental shuttle picks you up from Miami Port, they will ask if you have reservations. Thrifty's/Dollar dropped us at the Airport in Miami and was quite surprised really because I thought there's one closer to the Port of MIA. Nevertheless, this is prior to July 13th 2010, and I heard they were combining all car rentals in a new building at Miami Int'l Airport after the 07/13. I'm not sure why one needs reservations in my opinion. If you need rental car...you need a rental car period (aftercruise).

Does anyone know of a shuttle from Cruise Ship Terminal to MIA (not NCL Shuttle)? I just need a ride to the airport to pick up a rental car after our debarkation. We are staying in Miami for additional days, and need a rental that can be dropped off back at the airport when we leave on an early morning flight. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We took a cab from the port to the new MIA Rental Car Center. The cab driver did not use the flat rate fee of $24 like they would if you were going straight to the aiport's terminals. The RCC is not directly linked (by the monorail system that is being constructed right now) to the terminals yet, and they did not consider this the "airport". Therefore we were charged the metered rate and it was $24.50. Add on tip. It is much cheaper than paying for a shuttle as you can transport up to 4 people in a cab, more in a minivan.

The new RCC is beautiful and opened on July 13. We were there by 10:00ish and it was nice and quiet still (on a Sunday morning). Budget was fabulous and it took less than 5 minutes to do the paper work (already had a reservation). They had the exact car class we reserved. We took the elevators down to the garage floor where Budget keeps their cars and found it in the exact spot they said we would. I honestly did not see any rental car shuttles, I highly recommend you call the office at the MIA RCC to ask specifically if they pick up at the port before you leave. Otherwise, just take a cab. Who knows how long you'll have to wait for a shuttle to show up if there is one. There are cabs lined up waiting for passengers.

They have rental car shuttles to and from Port of MIA and MIA Int'l Airport. Make sure you have reservations first because when the Rental shuttle picks you up from Miami Port, they will ask if you have reservations. Thrifty's/Dollar dropped us at the Airport in Miami and was quite surprised really because I thought there's one closer to the Port of MIA. Nevertheless, this is prior to July 13th 2010, and I heard they were combining all car rentals in a new building at Miami Int'l Airport after the 07/13. I'm not sure why one needs reservations in my opinion. If you need rental car...you need a rental car period (aftercruise).

There were people who needed rides to the airport after the cruise to catch their flights and they were using the free airport shuttle to get there.:)

Bill

Archived