ever crashed the past guests party?

You will get an invitation in your stateroom the evening before the event. You must present the invitation at the door before entering the past guest party. Yes, they watch closely:eek:

For my last 2 cruises which were on the Spirit the cruise director and his staff were at the door collecting the invitations.

I've never seen anyone in front of me not have an invitation so not sure what happens when someone tried to bum rush the show!

I wonder if anyone was ever able to get themselves into that party.... do they check? How can they tell? Its sorta silly, but I could see a very tipsy person trying.

Easily done. Walked right up and said I went to the bathroom and my wife's inside. Like they're going to argue with you about it.:rolleyes:

But...it's really not even worth the effort to go IMHO.

Recently at the party we did see someone trying to get in saying they were with so and so, they left their invite in the cabin, etc. They were told to go back to the cabin and get it. They wouldn't let them in without the invite.

Don't waste your time trying to crash the party....

I find a nice quiet bar on the ship while the hoards are trying to mooch as many free (not so good drinks) at that party they can swill. I pay for a very good Martini and laugh......;)

We actually did leave our invite in the cabin and just showed our gold sign and sail card and got in, we weren't in the drawing though. I guess if you were traveling with a first timer they could use your invite and you use your S & S.

Disagree. Any free drink is good. I'll take my ten free drinks and I'm way ahead of your one overpriced martini.

Another reason to avoid that party.....;)

By the way....There is no such thing as "free" on a cruise...:D

I wonder if anyone was ever able to get themselves into that party.... do they check? How can they tell? Its sorta silly, but I could see a very tipsy person trying.

We gave our invites to a newbie couple to go ... and they stupidly wore their newbie cards to get in, and were stopped. I guess we should have just gone ourselves instead of letting someone else go in our place. They were honeymooners I think and ate dinner with us and wanted to attend.

Hard to get a drink even when you have an invitation:cool:

Agree. The harried drink steward in the area I sat never came around for seconds...

The one drink I did have was quite good though, some bright green, concoction with melon in it and darn it, would have liked more!

To the topic though, the couple in front of me stated they had forgotten their invitation, showed their S&S cards, and were still asked to fetch their invitation as the event was by invitation only.

Not worth worrying about. Besides, you'll be invited on your next cruise.

Seems like a majority of people on the ship are already past cruisers based on the number that show up at the past guest parties anyway.

Another reason to avoid that party.....;)

By the way....There is no such thing as "free" on a cruise...:D

True, the proper term would be "included."

We actually did leave our invite in the cabin and just showed our gold sign and sail card and got in, we weren't in the drawing though. I guess if you were traveling with a first timer they could use your invite and you use your S & S.

What drawing? Don't recall hearing about a drawing!

What drawing? Don't recall hearing about a drawing!

There is always a draw. Usually for a bottle of that cheap swill Carnival passes. Of as champagne.

On the other hand if there is a steakhouse on the ship they giveaway a dinner for 2.

Archived