Orient Beach - March 17, 2011

KAWS

I have a tour booked with Bernard's and from these posts understand that this is the beach that he usually takes people to.

I just emailed him and told him that the group of 1800 bikers that's going to be on the Freedom of the Seas for our sailing will be having a huge party on this beach on the day we're in St. Martaan and asked him to consider another beach. We'll see what he says when he answers me.

We'll already be doing Coco-Cay with them all and the rest of the cruise so we'd like to have something a tad quieter for that day. Just wanted to post it here for anyone else that's going on our sailing and might want to avoid that party (as we do).

I have a tour booked with Bernard's and from these posts understand that this is the beach that he usually takes people to.

I just emailed him and told him that the group of 1800 bikers that's going to be on the Freedom of the Seas for our sailing will be having a huge party on this beach on the day we're in St. Martaan and asked him to consider another beach. We'll see what he says when he answers me.

We'll already be doing Coco-Cay with them all and the rest of the cruise so we'd like to have something a tad quieter for that day. Just wanted to post it here for anyone else that's going on our sailing and might want to avoid that party (as we do).

Since the bikers are in a group, my guess is they will find an area and for the most part stick to that area. Orient is such a large beach, I'm certain you will be able to find an area that is away from them.

Orient is almost 1.5 miles long. My guess that the bikers will NOT be going to the southern part (Club Orient). You will have lots of people who like clothing-optional beaches here tho, if that bothers you.

If the bikers are going to take their toys to the "beach", they might want a less crowded portion which means the northern end between the big beach bars and BooBooJam.

Also the Club O portion allows NO vendors to walk up and down hawking stuff. It is definitely the quietest part of the beach.

That's pretty much what Bernard said when he answered my email. His response was:

Orient beach is about two miles long and i guess these people have a special place for them, i can't change the itinerary on my website as you know we have several vans and upon our arrival at the beach if every one on the van want to go to another beach we will be more than happy to do that.

So I guess we'll just go with the flow so to speak. Definitely going to have to do that for this cruise anyway and I'll think of it as not a challenge but more of an "adventure"! :D:D

Hi KAWS, We will be on the Dream, following the Freedom around the Carribean that week! Just wondering if you know where the crowd of bikers will be when we are all in St. Thomas together?

Thanks

Hi KAWS, We will be on the Dream, following the Freedom around the Carribean that week! Just wondering if you know where the crowd of bikers will be when we are all in St. Thomas together?

Thanks

I don't think they actually have anything formally arranged for St. Thomas. I think they just have the one excursion arranged but of course they will also most likely be together on CocoCay the day we are there, but you won't be there so it won't make a difference to you.

Archived