Margaritaville and Jack's Shack?

gander24

1. Are there entrance fees for either?

2. Can you tell me any prices to their other amenities? Beach rentals, etc..

2. I saw mixed answers on the board, so can anyone definitively say whether or not you can take a taxi to Jack's Shack? (My mom doesn't tolerate walking all that well)

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
1. Are there entrance fees for either?

2. Can you tell me any prices to their other amenities? Beach rentals, etc..

2. I saw mixed answers on the board, so can anyone definitively say whether or not you can take a taxi to Jack's Shack? (My mom doesn't tolerate walking all that well)

Thank you!

Margarittaville is totally free!!! No one pushes you to purchase drinks. The chairs, pool, beach...all free. Drinks are expensive but you don't have to purchase them if you don't want to...around $9

Jack drinks are a little less expensive but there is nothing there...nothing..just a shack and a beach...and I have heard he charges for the use of his few beach chairs...$5?

If she doens't tollerate walking, it is a hard walk to his shack...better yet...stay at margarrittaville...it has a lot more to offer.

• 2 weeks later...

Margaritaville has a large crowd and finding a chair is tough...and keeping a chair is impossible. drinks are costly at either place. I personally like Jacks Shack as its a lot more of a relaxed vibe there. Chill on the beach with one of their specialty drinks and relax...much smaller crowd here. Its about a 10 min walk down the beach to get to Jacks.

They both have their appeal. Margaritaville is like a continuation of the ship's pool area. Someone said it's like Spring Break at that pool. It will be more crowded both at the pool and beach. Jack's is very relaxed with classic rock and no DJ. The crowd there is more than 50% cruise staff. They do charge for chairs. It's the first time I've paid for one and not used it. We were either snorkeling or at the bar the entire time :D

How is the snorkeling near Jack's Shack? Is there coral also is The Wall nearby??

We didn't snorkel when we were at Jack's Shack in May, just enjoyed the atmosphere on the deck area. I'm trying to attach a thread started from someone else who was there this past summer who did take advantage of the snorkeling and also had very good descriptions of the wall, which is not very far offshore. If this link doesn't work, it's the thread titled "Just Back" (last updated on August 29th) on this board "Grand Turk". I hope this helps.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1229347

One of the GT walls is about 200 yards or so offshore directly out from Jacks Shack. The wall wouldnt really be a good place to snorkel since it starts at about 35 feet deep and drops off to somewhere around 7000 feet. We dove there when we were in GT earlier this year. Nice dive spot but I dont think good snorkel spot. Though just snorkeling off the beach you may still see some cool stuff since the wall is so close by. Sea Turtles, Eels, tangs and such we seen a lot.

Our cruise will be docking there around 7:30- is Margaritaville still super crowded in the morning (say 8 or 9 AM?)?

Also, is Margaritaville ok to bring young kids to? My boys will be 8 and 6 years old and I'm not a prude, but I also don't want to be uncomfortable with them there.

The last time we were there, only one ship, Maragritaville beach and pool area were not crowded at all. Many people head for excursions rather than hang around the beach. But, if more than one ship is in port, I guess it can be crowded.

Archived