Early Arrival for Splendor-what can I do?

lisah168

I will take a red-eye flight from Hawaii for my Splendor cruise next month. I will arrive at 5 am at LAX. Is there a restaurant within walking distance of Long Beach cruise terminal that I can grab some breakfast? If not, are there some good restaurants that I can go by using the free shuttle bus? How early can I check-in my bags?

Check the Long Beach section on the Port Boards. The Queen Mary is right there and i bet would be serving Breakfast in several areas. You can get a discount with your Carnival ticket on a tour of the Queen...sometimes they have checkin there..or you could take your bags 'n store..have breakfast..figure out your tour and do a back to port quick trip to check in your bag and return to Queen..or just wait until you are done...I got through about 1/2 of what I wanted to do there...I do not know how early they take bags at the port for you...that is your issue for being right there...sjn.

Hi,

We are on the Splendor on 8/22 and staying at the Queen Mary the night before. There are several restaurants at the QM that you can have breakfast at. A normal like cafe/restaurant and then a upscale Sunday brunch which is pricey. We aren't doing either of them. Just something simple in the room so we can save room for the buffet on the Lido deck. There are no other restaurants close by but there is a free shuttle that picks up in front of the Queen Mary not sure if it runs that early but you can check.

Hope this helps.

If you don't want to pay to board the QM, you can take a stroll to the Costa Maya Hotel and have breakfast in their restaurant. I'm sure they'd let you take the shuttle from there back to the cruise terminal with all of the other cruisers. Or if you're taking a cab from LAX, just have them drop you off at the Costa Maya. The QM is pretty neat though, so if you have any desire to see it, I would definitely do that, though I'm pretty sure that the ticket booths wont be open that early, but I'm also pretty sure that they could store your luggage while you dined and wandered around the ship.

I'm pretty sure they'll be taking luggage by around 9am. Since you are flying into LAX, why not hit something along the way? Long Beach has a great downtown shopping area that probably opens up about 7am. Just a thought.

Thanks everyone for your response! Yes arriving at 5 am but I guess we can grab some food at the airport (Oh wait most of the restaurants do not open until I think 6 or 7?)...Guess we will just have to find a way to kill some time :)

One more silly question and I apologize in advance for not looking through the old posts: does Carnival supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion in each cabin? The last time we sailed with Carnival was in 1997 and I cant' remember if these items were supplied.

Thanks everyone for your response! Yes arriving at 5 am but I guess we can grab some food at the airport (Oh wait most of the restaurants do not open until I think 6 or 7?)...Guess we will just have to find a way to kill some time :)

One more silly question and I apologize in advance for not looking through the old posts: does Carnival supply shampoo, conditioner and lotion in each cabin? The last time we sailed with Carnival was in 1997 and I cant' remember if these items were supplied.

They supply shampoo and shower gel. There are also samples in the bathroom of dif. things from toothpaste to razors. If you have a spa cabin, then you do get the shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and soap.

They supply shampoo and body wash (both in dispensers in the shower). The conditioner and lotion are hit and miss, just depends on what is in the basket. I always pack my own.

I will take a red-eye flight from Hawaii for my Splendor cruise next month. I will arrive at 5 am at LAX. Is there a restaurant within walking distance of Long Beach cruise terminal that I can grab some breakfast? If not, are there some good restaurants that I can go by using the free shuttle bus? How early can I check-in my bags?

IMO I would get a hotel even for the time you are going to be there and grab some more sleep. Go to the ship a little later because your bodies time clock is going to be off anyway, and you are going to feel like it is 2 a.m. when you get to LAX.

We came home on that red-eye last time and often get stuck on that for connections back to MT...it is maybe too much to want to tour Queen Mary that day...maybe a breakfast included LAX place and some snoozes would help OP...sjn

Then a slow part of day shuttle to the ship...

Thanks everyone for your response! Yes arriving at 5 am but I guess we can grab some food at the airport (Oh wait most of the restaurants do not open until I think 6 or 7?)...Guess we will just have to find a way to kill some time.

By the time you get off the plane and pick up your luggage, it will probably be about 6am or later so you should probably be good as far as restaurants and stores etc being open at the airport.:)

Archived