Booked 2 rooms, 1 for the teens?

jckvpa0

First booked cat 11 room because we were bringing our 16yro son. Now were bringing his 19yr0 cousin(really,really good kid). So I had to rebook another room & put me & the cousin in one room, (in the bottom of the ship:D , actually we won't know where they are until a few weeks before we sail) & my husband & my son in the cat 11 room. I'm so not staying in that room @ the bottom of the ship. Question is, how do we work the sail & sign cards? Will my son get his picture taken on his card that gets him into his room( which is really mine) & I will get my pic. taken on my card that allows me entry to his real room. I want my son to be able to go to his own room without having to be with his cousin & I want to be able to get into my suite without my husbands card. Can someone please let me know if they have done this. I must say if I thought these kids were not responsible I would not have them in a room by themselves.

I don't think you have to be in the same room as the minors. Here is the language from Carnival:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom.

The term "accompanying" is not really clear but it does not say adjoining so you may be OK staying in separate rooms.

Ooooh, the headaches are comin back. We tried to do something similar to this and it took over an hour and still didn't work. Why don't you just book it with your son and his cousin in the one room and you and your husband in the other room? We were going to do this with my daughter who is 18 and they allowed it? But his key won't work in your room. You might be able to get it changed. I would just book it that way.

*edited part*

Like I said above, our daughter was only 18 and they allowed us to do this, and their stateroom wasn't by ours. You should just go with booking them in the same room together. It will be much easier trust me.

I don't think you have to be in the same room as the minors. Here is the language from Carnival:

(f) Carnival shall refuse boarding to any Guest under the age of twenty-one unless: (1) the Guest is traveling in the same stateroom with an individual twenty-five years or older; (2) traveling in the same stateroom with their spouse; or (3) traveling with a parent or guardian in an accompanying stateroom.

The term "accompanying" is not really clear but it does not say adjoining so you may be OK staying in separate rooms.

Yeah but I'm not his parent or guardian even though he is 19.

First try to book the teens separately. If they won't let you do this, then go ahead and book the way your have to - with one non-teen per room. Then, ask them at embarkation to switch the rooms - they'll either do it then or tell you to have the purser do it. They will NOT make you and your husband stay in separate cabins. At absolute very worst, you can get extra copies of room keys/sailandsign cards so that you can get into the right room. I've had this situation occur on several cruiselines (including Carnival) and they ALWAYS either fixed it at the purser's desk or at embarkation.

Ditto to lucyjohnz's remarks. Don't sweat it. Millions of people do this. The only thing they do to conform with the letter of the rules is book someone over 25 in every stateroom. Once aboard you can stay in whatever cabin you choose. While checking in just get extra sign and sail cards for your DH's room. You might also want to block out the boys being able to make charges on their SS cards as well as prevent outside calls. At $10 a minute with the way teens talk, that could be disastrous! BTW, funny thing is, Princess doesn't play this charade and books people exactly how you want them positioned if someone is 21, parents in this room and kids in the second room, then again, you can order booze delivered to your room as well on Princess, and Carnival owns them. So the big question is why they make things so hard on their signature line?

Archived