How to find if a charter group has booked your ship?

Hello, I am trying to find if a large charter group has booked my sailing on October 6, 2011 out of Baltimore on the Enchantment of the Seas. I am wondering why the ship has such high cost sailings and I would assume that maybe a charter group has booked on this ship or something. Do I have anything to be concerned with?

Two years ago I was booked on a Southern Caribbean cruise and an alternative lifestyle had that shipped book when we boarded and it was something that at times by husband and I had some major issues dealing with those on that charter interfering with our travel and our excursion fun. I am rather concerned because I have had a roll call up for a meet and mingle and I cannot get anyone to sign up for the roll call yet besides myself. I realize my cruise is over a year yet but I am starting to learn in is better to check this out before we have future problems like we did on our trip to the Southern Caribbean or my husband will never let me book another cruise. Can anyone help me?

Cincinnatigal

I really appreciate your helpful info on my question. I will constantly keep using browsers to search. Not only do I thank you but my husband thanks you for telling me what to do on this issue as RCCL has not is not allowed to tell me.

Your assistance is what I appreciate about Cruisecritic.com.

Cincinnatigal

I really appreciate your helpful info on my question. I will constantly keep using browsers to search. Not only do I thank you but my husband thanks you for telling me what to do on this issue as RCCL has not is not allowed to tell me.

Your assistance is what I appreciate about Cruisecritic.com.

Cincinnatigal

Because of US privacy laws, a cruise line is forbidden from informing passengers about any group booking a cluster of cabins on a cruise.

• 6 months later...

Just wondering if my cruise is booking any large charter groups...? How does one find this out? I did check shoretrips dot com that was suggested to me in the past to check but did not find anything on this site at all. Any assistance is appreciated. I am taking the Enchantment of the Seas Oct 6 sailing out of Baltimore 9 day cruise.

Thanks everyone for your assistance.

Cincinnatigal

I went through many pages on google and found nothing alarming for this cruise, just a whole bunch of travel agents who will happy to book it. I found several references of things going on the week BEFORE you are going. My guess is that the price is high since it's 9 days AND there is a very limited time you can take a fall foliage cruise. A friend took one a few years ago and I remember that it seemed quite expensive to me for what is off season if you're heading south. I can understand your reticence

given your previous experience, but nothing I found in my search would cause me any concern if I were booked on this cruise.

Relax and enjoy the scenery. I'm sure that it will be beautiful.

I think it should also be noted that "that" site is not all inclusive of EVERY group out there...only those groups that have contracted with them to provide excursions outside of available ship excursions.

I wouldn't want someone to use that page, and then find out there's a group onboard that wasn't listed there that goes against their "grain"...

Archived