Can I Store Luggage?

We are cruising in Europe this fall for a few weeks (yes, I know, we're VERY lucky), and I have a luggage question. Some of the cruises are a day or two apart, changing at the same port but with a layover (e.g. leave Vision of the Seas on one day, embark Splendor of the Seas the next day, all in Venice.)

Can we store our bags with RCI overnight (disembark in Venice, embark in Venice)? What about a 3-day gap (disembark in Venice, travel to Rome, embark in Rome 3 days later)? Will there be a charge? All are RCI-to-RCI cruises. Thanks.

Lenore

A definite answer to this will only be provided by RCI.

However I highly doubt it.

Just where should RCI store your stuff. I don´t thing they own any facilities there and they likely don´t even have any employees there. Those port agents are mostly hired just for a couple hours and they work for various cruise lines.

As for venice to Rome, the only way I can see is the cruise line hiring a shipping service, which you can probably do yourself, but my guess is $$$:eek:

Where are you staying during your layover? Are you not in a hotel so your luggage can be kept there? I think I'm missing something here and whether you're on a B2B or 2 nearly consecutive cruises, you still need your bags, don't you?

Thanks for your replies. Regarding any need for my bags, I would love to check the big bags at a port storage place when one cruise comes into port and just bring an overnight bag to the hotel. Then we would return the next day, get our big bags at the port, and check them in. It sounds easy, but my guess also is that it won't work. I'll be sure to check with RCI though. Thanks again.

Archived