Need Help going Digital

Gail Johnson

You got it Jim...my signature was made with two shots layered, then darkened a bit. I use Paint Shop Pro 8 for editing and post processing photos. Great program, very comprehensive, and extremely good price.

I wanted a dark background for my signature, but with a ship. My night shot of the Constellation was good, but the sky had too much light grey and didn't contrast the yellow lettering well enough, so I used that dark sunset color with lots of black.

BTW - the lettering is done in PSP8 too!

Keep your lens and flash {if auto focus} if you liked the feel of your old camera and put them on a new D70. I feel the quality of the files are Much

better than the 4 to 8 MP point and shoots.They average pixels like a puzzle.

On the down side is the size compared to something you can slip in your pocket.

Quality or Convience!

zachiedawg I just got done looking at your photo albums,very nice...we are going on the summit the first of april and really liked the pics of the summit.very good advice on cameras,makes for good reading.thanks again for the photos

You're welcome...thank you for the compliment!

Jim...I really like the camera. I have been reading quite a bit and trying to practice as much as I can. The camera is capable of much more than I am right now. By the time we cruise in late May to Alaska, I think I'll be prepared with enough knowledge so that I can bring home some decent shots.

Gail

The zoom is awesome!

Hi Gail,

I'm Jim's wife. I think you'll love the camera and it should be perfect for Alaska. The zoom in great. I don't know if you have seen our pictures or not but they were all taken with the FZ10. The link to the pictures is below in my signature. Have fun learning all about the camera.

Hi Gail,

I'm Jim's wife. I think you'll love the camera and it should be perfect for Alaska. The zoom in great. I don't know if you have seen our pictures or not but they were all taken with the FZ10. The link to the pictures is below in my signature. Have fun learning all about the camera.

Judy......saw your pictures and loved them. I am beginning to love my camera. I have so much to learn yet though. By the time we set sail, I'll be so much better, I know!

Gail

Archived