Nosy balcony neighbors?

WeatherGeek

And you were doing so because............?

QUOTE]

a) Because my brain housing group rests on a fully-articulated swivel

b) Because I was trying to hock a loogie all the way to the waterline

c) Because I can

d) Because *insert name* didn't borrow tef's duct tape

e) all of the above

a) Because my brain housing group rests on a fully-articulated swivel

b) Because I was trying to hock a loogie all the way to the waterline

c) Because I can

d) Because *insert name* didn't borrow tef's duct tape

e) all of the above

Let's see now, ummm, how about d ?, I like d.:D

Actually couldn't see too well to their balcony, but we were recently on the Pride when the pilot boat pulled along side ours.. The girls in the cabin next to ours I think we auditioning for the girls gone wild video. Couldn't see anything but what they were saying would have made the sailors blush, the pilot boat certainly stayed along side us until we were well out to sea.

Last year on the Destiny- 3 pm on a sea day- I decided to take advantage of my "private balcony" when all was quiet to get a nice all over tan. My DH had been talking to the guy on the next balcony for days.The guy heard voices and peeked over to see if DH was around. He got more than he bargained for!:eek: We laughed about it the rest of the cruise!

Will be experiencing my first balcony in just a couple of days.... excited, but had planned to "stay away from the railing" for fear of being um, thrust overboard :o I can just see that one being explained on the CC board on the "woman overboard" thread that would pop up :eek:

Will be experiencing my first balcony in just a couple of days.... excited, but had planned to "stay away from the railing" for fear of being um, thrust overboard :o I can just see that one being explained on the CC board on the "woman overboard" thread that would pop up :eek:

tef's duct tape would certainly prevent any wayward thrusting...

Can anyone see through the dividers between the balconies? Are there any large cracks that people can see through? Has anyone ever had a neighbor peer around the divider into your balcony?

Just wondering if anyone will be able to see anything "indecent" going on ;)

I have had a balcony only twice as until recently I had only been on older ships where balconies were only in suites and much more expensive.

On Carnival Miracle, Spirit class, we heard A LOT from the balconies. I felt they were just not made well. Everytime someone opened their balcony door on our side of the ship we could hear the sound of the wind suction breaking. Also we heard our neighbors on the balcony when we were inside with the door closed-they were not being loud-just normal voices. One night at 2 a.m. we heard a couple fighting on the balcony-at first I thought it was the neigbors next door but I walked out on our balcony and realized this was like 2 decks up and to the side a few rooms. So unfortunately sounds do carry.

The partitions are opaque and you can see like the outline, or sort of a shadow of your neighbors. Also there is an opening at the top and bottom sort of like a bathroom stall. Personally I WOULD NOT do any nude sunbathing or lovemaking on the balcony-not so sure even leaving the door open with a bungee cord and lovemaking either unless you do not mind others hearing you.

Now we also had a balcony on Disney Wonder. Our balcony was smaller there then on the Miracle, but the partitions were better made and sounds did not carry-you could get away with a private "tryst" there I believe.

I have read other posts who said the balconies on RCCL carry too many sounds also. There was a great thread a month or 2 back on the " Ask a cruise question" section of cruise critic. Maybe you can research it and read it. It was called "Our first balcony-tips".

we were able to see down on Miracle without risking life and limb.

Yep our table mates were laughing about pouring water on a little girl out on the balcony below them. The poor thing thought it was raining. They thought this was a great joke and these people were like in their fifties. I could not see the "humor" in their story myself. What is funny about picking on a child?

weathergeek-

you got a good thread going and i like your screen name as well.

carnival bills the balconies as private. therefore i would say you have an expectation of privacy while on your balcony. for someone to see what is happening on your balcony (at least the two i've had) they have to go out of their way to look (leaning way out to see around the partition or under their own balcony). my point is that as long as you are not making too much noise your neighbors should have nothing to complain about. and also it's not like you are putting on a show in public so you should be safe from casual view. what i mean is it's not like you are in a public area of the ship doing it.

now some people might think it's "indecent" to do something like that but that's their problem.

btw, saw your pictures and you should give yourself more credit... ;)

http://community.webshots.com/user/sgtmonz

Haha, I had to come post here in this thread while I was checking my e-mail....I just got on the Valor this morning and had not been on the balcony for more than 5 minutes when the neighbor stuck his head around the divider and said "Hi, I"m Mark!"

AHHHHHHHHHH1!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Haha, I had to come post here in this thread while I was checking my e-mail....I just got on the Valor this morning and had not been on the balcony for more than 5 minutes when the neighbor stuck his head around the divider and said "Hi, I"m Mark!"

AHHHHHHHHHH1!!!!! mad.gifmad.gifwink.gifbiggrin.gifrolleyes.gif

Was he cute at least?

Archived