Stateroom help - Carnival Triumph

777steve

Greetings cruisers!

We need help in deciding on staterooms for sailing next year. We like big balconies and we like the extra square footage of the suite cabins.

We're thinking of:

Category 12 - any location

Category 9C - Deck 7 or Deck 8.

It looks like Deck 8 rear corners offer the mots balcony space but Deck 7 offers more interior space. If the rear balconies are really skinny then I'd just prefer to stay with the GS/12....

I'd appreciate input from some of you that have sailed on this ship and know these locations - even by reputation.

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond! :)

Steve

Sometimes the room layouts are odd, if that concerns you with the 9c's. I think it was the deck 8 rooms, but the photos of those looked like you had to climb across the bed to get to the sofa/table area. If you decide on one of those, try to find photos online to see if you're OK with the layout. Deck 8 also has queen beds, not king. And you don't get VIP check in with a 9c. I think most people book those with the intention of being on the balcony a lot, not for the interior.

Sometimes the room layouts are odd, if that concerns you with the 9c's. I think it was the deck 8 rooms, but the photos of those looked like you had to climb across the bed to get to the sofa/table area. If you decide on one of those, try to find photos online to see if you're OK with the layout. Deck 8 also has queen beds, not king. And you don't get VIP check in with a 9c. I think most people book those with the intention of being on the balcony a lot, not for the interior.

You can walk around the bed.

We had 8428 on the Triumph and loved it.

STA71040.jpg

STA71041.jpg

STA71042.jpg

STA71043.jpg

STA71479.jpg

The "wrap" goes about 8-10' around the corner

You can walk around the bed.

We had 8428 on the Triumph and loved it.

The "wrap" goes about 8-10' around the corner

Thanks for clearing that up. All the photos I've seen of 8428 & 8433 look like the bed touches the wall in that corner. It does look like a tight space, but as long as there's room to walk at the end of the bed, I guess that's all that matters. That's the first shot I've seen of the TV stand angle. Good photos by the way, that balcony looks great!

Thanks everyone - and special thanks to Memphis Conchead for the pictures - those were a big help!

I think, since we're bookin the 9C on deck 8 we'll stick with that. I hope I don't miss the 300+ square feet inside the GS too much .. but that balcony is worth the price I think!

Thanks again everyone!:D

Thanks everyone - and special thanks to Memphis Conchead for the pictures - those were a big help!

I think, since we're bookin the 9C on deck 8 we'll stick with that. I hope I don't miss the 300+ square feet inside the GS too much .. but that balcony is worth the price I think!

Thanks again everyone!:D

And thank YOU, for updating us. It's nice to hear back from the OP on a thread. Now you'll know from personal experience whether you like the square footage on the inside or out!

• 3 years later...

Brought this older post up front to ask if anyone knows whether the bed in 8428 is still a queen or now is the 2 beds put together for a king....that is what it says on our booking, but reading these posts makes me wonder if it will be a queen or king in our cabin....

If anyone has been in the Triumph Cabin 8428 recently and can answer this, I would really be appreciative!!!!