Would Restaurant 2 be able to cater for allergies?

soc1965

I am about to try Seabourn for the first time & would love to be able to eat one evening in Restaurant 2, however, my husband has a severe shellfish allergy & my guess is that a couple of the tasting dishes would not be suitable for him. Rather than have him sit them out, if I gave enough prior warning does anyone know if they might be able to offer him an alternative dish (say a smaller portion of something suitable from the MDR?) It seems such a shame not be able to experience this little delight!

We ate at Restaurant 2 (tasting) a couple of times. We had members of our party who were lactose intolerant and they did a good job of accomodating them, with some substitutions (however not very imaginative on most occasions). However, on occasions (primarily the soups) they did not offer a substitution; just an ommision.

CDW

If there is a shellfish dish on the menu he could probably ask for a double portion of something else instead. Restaurant 2 is geared toward serving one menu to everyone but I'm sure they'll do whatever possible.

We were on the Pride in December and dined in Restaurant 2 several times. My husband, too, has developed an intolerence to shellfish. We informed them of this upon boarding, and never had a problem in any restaurant. We, of course reminded that staff, just to be on the safe side. They always brought him an alternate course.

Archived