A VIP perk Carnival doesn't have that would be nice

ManyMore

Carnival is my favorite cruise line and I would imagine will remain that way but... why does Carnival call it Concierge Club at the Guest Services desk and the totes they used to give out... when there is no Concierge person? I don't hold much for NCL but for sure their VIP perks are better and they do have a Concierge person. I think it would be nice to actually have a concierge for the concierge club lol

Wow a concierge for the concierge club!

You might ask John for this.

He would than tell you they are working on improvements for platinum and than we can wait another couple of years and discuss it more on here.

Actually my pvp last week did tell me they are working on it and hope to have an answer one of these days.

I'm not suggesting Carnival do away with the wash and fold srvice. lol I'm just saying why call it concierge when they don't even have one lol.

Yes Concierge makes dinner reservations but also can help with spa reservations, help with excursions and over all just give any help with issues you might have.

I actually agree one would be nice to help a platinum cruiser with various issues...I'm tired of going to the guest service desk and walking right up to the platinum line when no one else is in front of me to find out that I could get faster service by waiting through the regular line.

I'm not suggesting Carnival do away with the wash and fold srvice. lol I'm just saying why call it concierge when they don't even have one lol.

Yes Concierge makes dinner reservations but also can help with spa reservations, help with excursions and over all just give any help with issues you might have.

.....I would be extremely upset. I think that's one of the best perks of all.

:eek:

wasiii

I would be in favor of a PLATINUM perk that gets progressively better with each cruise taken after you've reached PLATINUM.

11th cruise - $10 OBC

12th cruise - $20 OBC

13th cruise - $30 OBC

and on and on, etc., etc.

I know it doesn't seem like MUCH, but it has a spiraling effect in that it becomes a significant perk, for example, around 19th cruise (like me :rolleyes: $90) and from then on. :)

Of course, there would probably have to be an upward limit to this perk (call it the LHP LIMIT :rolleyes:) otherwise some people would be cruising for free forever eventually. :D

I would be in favor of a PLATINUM perk that gets progressively better with each cruise taken after you've reached PLATINUM.

11th cruise - $10 OBC

12th cruise - $20 OBC

13th cruise - $30 OBC

and on and on, etc., etc.

I know it doesn't seem like MUCH, but it has a spiraling effect in that it becomes a significant perk, for example, around 19th cruise (like me :rolleyes: $90) and from then on. :)

Of course, there would probably have to be an upward limit to this perk (call it the LHP LIMIT :rolleyes:) otherwise some people would be cruising for free forever eventually. :D

Let me know when you return to the real world. Not going to happen.

All of the perks are ones that do not have out of pocket costs to Carnival. A couple of bucks for picture frames, ship pins, etc are trivial.

Let me know when you return to the real world. Not going to happen.

All of the perks are ones that do not have out of pocket costs to Carnival. A couple of bucks for picture frames, ship pins, etc are trivial.

I was only IN FAVOR of such a PLATINUM perk setup. I don't think Carnival would ever do that, especially now when they control 50% of the market. They are more concerned about "newbies" anyway. Was once told by a CD that on any given cruise 47-55% of the passengers are taking THEIR FIRST CRUISE. THey have no need to do anything for PLATINUM cruisers other than the penny-anney things they're doing now. I do appreciate the VIP boarding (costs them nothing) and the FREE LAUNDRY (doesn't cost them anything either). :D The stewards probably love it as its a "tip" item. :rolleyes:

They can keep the canapes (usually dried out by the time I return to my cabin) and the cheap aluminum picture frame. :)

I'm guessing here; but Carnival used to have a "Concierge Club". It was run by an outside organization, but they had a desk on board where you could buy into the club. I don't remember all the details, but they sold points that could be used to purchase discounted Carnival cruises and there were some extra perks that went along with being a member of the club. Carnival got lots of complaints about how the program was being operated, so it was discontinued. I do believe however, that Carnival still honors any outstanding points that were purchased through that plan.

HMMM,,,I thought the platinum line at the pursers desk WAS the Concierge!

As far as the OBC goes,,,you know that when you reach #25 you get 25% of your fare as an OBC. #50 you get 50% - 75, 75% and 100 you get 100% OBC. Not bad IMO! Frankly, I think Carnival gives us "repeat offenders" some pretty good perks.

"SKY"

I'm guessing here; but Carnival used to have a "Concierge Club". It was run by an outside organization, but they had a desk on board where you could buy into the club. I don't remember all the details, but they sold points that could be used to purchase discounted Carnival cruises and there were some extra perks that went along with being a member of the club. Carnival got lots of complaints about how the program was being operated, so it was discontinued. I do believe however, that Carnival still honors any outstanding points that were purchased through that plan.

That was something totally different all together, that was just something to suck people in to buying points to cruise.

I was only IN FAVOR of such a PLATINUM perk setup. I don't think Carnival would ever do that, especially now when they control 50% of the market. They are more concerned about "newbies" anyway. Was once told by a CD that on any given cruise 47-55% of the passengers are taking THEIR FIRST CRUISE. THey have no need to do anything for PLATINUM cruisers other than the penny-anney things they're doing now. I do appreciate the VIP boarding (costs them nothing) and the FREE LAUNDRY (doesn't cost them anything either). :D The stewards probably love it as its a "tip" item. :rolleyes:

They can keep the canapes (usually dried out by the time I return to my cabin) and the cheap aluminum picture frame. :)

I agree about the canapes. The stationary is useless.

Like the free admission to blackjack tourney. Also nice that we get the early dining that we prefer and do not have to wait for a tender.

Would like to see a special lunch or breakfast with senior officers. Also would cost them nothing.

50% of the people on the ship may be newbies but they know the platinums keep coming back so we are valuable customers for them.

I would like to see Carnival have a "private" cocktail party just for Platinum guests with the ship's officers. Cunard has done this for years. One cruise you might be invited to the Hotel Manager's party and the next cruise you might be invited to the Chief Enginer's party etc. Milestone guests would be invited to the Captain's Private cocktail party. This is in ADDITION to the Past Passenger's party.

JMO >>> FREE Internet would be nice??

what other perks would YOU want?? I know Royal has some really good perks

Ideas ? thanks

D+ perks, and IMO Diamond perks for that matter, on royal are much better IMO.

Access to the Concierge lounge and free booze while you're in there is pretty darn nice. Beats the heck out of free laundry. Oh, and Royal gives out substantial discounts on balcony cabins to Diamond and D+ members.

1 and 1/2 years they have been working on this. "Milestone" 25 cruises with Carnival and you get 25%of cruise OBC just for that cruise and then not a thing till 50 cruises.. You get the same perks as sombody that only has 10 cruises. Are they sure this guy shows up for work ??

I actually agree one would be nice to help a platinum cruiser with various issues...I'm tired of going to the guest service desk and walking right up to the platinum line when no one else is in front of me to find out that I could get faster service by waiting through the regular line.

Never had a problem waiting longer at the platinum line than at the regular line. Usually the next available CSR steps over to the platinum line to help you out.

Archived