New Yorker Boutique Hotel in Miami

kittenaround

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the New Yorker Boutique Hotel in Miami? A room with a double bed goes for $99, 2 doubles or 1 king goes for $119 regular price in January 2011. And it's rated #1 hotel for Miami on Tripadvisor. Seems almost too good to be true and this will be my first time there. Any advice/thoughts would be most appreciated.

Can anyone give me their thoughts on the New Yorker Boutique Hotel in Miami? A room with a double bed goes for $99, 2 doubles or 1 king goes for $119 regular price in January 2011. And it's rated #1 hotel for Miami on Tripadvisor. Seems almost too good to be true and this will be my first time there. Any advice/thoughts would be most appreciated.

I have never been inside the New Yorker but I drive past it twice a day during my commute to work. It is one of a large number of "MiMo" (Miami Modern) 1950's motels that used to be a mainstay of travelers decades ago. It does not look like much from the outside (but might be nice inside). The area is changing. Once a prime tourist area, it greatly declined but is beginning to bounce back. A few very good restaurants, lured by the low rents, have opened in the neighborhood. Michy's is one of Miami's best. Nevertheless, I would be careful walking around the area late at night. It is right on Biscayne Blvd, about 60 blocks north of the port.

I have never been inside the New Yorker but I drive past it twice a day during my commute to work. It is one of a large number of "MiMo" (Miami Modern) 1950's motels that used to be a mainstay of travelers decades ago. It does not look like much from the outside (but might be nice inside). The area is changing. Once a prime tourist area, it greatly declined but is beginning to bounce back. A few very good restaurants, lured by the low rents, have opened in the neighborhood. Michy's is one of Miami's best. Nevertheless, I would be careful walking around the area late at night. It is right on Biscayne Blvd, about 60 blocks north of the port.

Thanks for your advice. The website shows the renos inside and it looks gorgeous. However, it appears from your advice that the neighbourhood is not the best. How would it be during the day and early evening?

Thanks for your advice. The website shows the renos inside and it looks gorgeous. However, it appears from your advice that the neighbourhood is not the best. How would it be during the day and early evening?

During daylight hours Biscayne Blvd is busy with traffic. I don't think walking would be a problem.

• 3 years later...
I am looking at this hotel for Feb 2014. The prices are still the same. It says free parking, and 10 shuttle to airport and beach. I wonder is they do park and cruise. Do they shuttle to the port?

I would not leave my car unattended in this neighborhood for any amount of time.

Did you call the hotel and ask them these questions?

Archived