Is it worth it

Hawaiidan

I have only cruised twice. I had an OV and an obstructed OV. I know I would do fine with an inside. We are hardly ever in our cabins. However, there is one main reason I like to have a window: If one of us were to get sick and be confined to our cabin for a few days, I would really want to be able to see outside.

just 160 more sq ft

JUST 160 more sq ft? An average 12x12 bedroom is only 144 square foot.

An extra 160 is a world of difference just in itself! For a 7 day cruise, maybe not an issue, but if you're used to sailing in a LARGE stateroom, don't jump into an inside, no matter how large/inexpensive it is. You won't be happy for your 29 day cruise.

I've not been on the Niew Amsterdam, but looking at the deck plan, there ARE NO inside suites. Just inside staterooms of varying sizes.

Transition 'down' to a Veranda, or even an outside stateroom first to make that 'sure to be bitter' pill easier to swallow. ;)

Honestly, I think you probably won't be satisfied with an Interior, no matter how large, with that large a difference in what you've become accustomed to.

I have taken a inside cabin...( on NCL in fact ) found it not an issue to me or my wife. This was suprising because we last had a 450 sq ft cabin with a 80 sq ft balcony

What drew me to the Amsterdam was it had a small number of 200 sq ft cabins that has the same size bedroom as the suites !!. The J cabins on the Main deck and almost square !. They have a corner sectional sofa and a super layout for closets too ! As such, they are larger that any of the outside V cabins in terms of living area.... And they were located low and midship , an ideal location with super access to everything

I am not a fan of the " tunnel" cabins and like the broader expanse of the Inside J offers. Holland America confirmed these cabins are very-very popular and booked up over a year in advance by passengers who have discovered them from the past or through research... they are only on the Eurodam and Amsterdam presently and in my opinion are the best bang for the buck cabins I have seen in many years. I seek value more than status. As I said before, trying to get a luxury experience on a 5 star ship is a fools errand in my book. Thats like trying to book the Presidental Suite at Motel 6. Holland is a nice middle of the road line..And I love the smaller size of their ships. The new ships of other lines of 4000 and 5000 passengers are insane.... 50% larger than an aircraft carrier like the Regan !!!

Having no window is not an issue to me....and in Alaska is a boon because of the midnight sun.

Archived