RCI Insurance or not?

I have always booked insurance through and outside firm - but the $118 per cabin for our AOS cruise next Feb is looking real good.

Should I book with RCI or an outside firm?

I think it depends on your age but I bought a policy for $110 for DH and I that is a lot better than RCI's insurance.

We selected our own travel insurance from a National travel company. It costs was $109.

It covered everything from the moment we left our house, plane cruise and any medical emergency. Yes it did have a "cap".

We always use it.

In fact when we were in Orlando at Disney when Hurricaine Charlie arrived, it reimbursed us for "lost" Disney days, air-line change, and hardship.

The only thing it did not cover was the rental car to get to Tampa airport. The company said we selected to go there to fly out, even though Orlando international airport was to be closed for 48-72 hours.

We will continue to use this comapny.

Safe travels.

Yes! My folks had an incident last February and Medicare just paid them back and when they return home the company stated what ever medicare didn't pay on the claim they will. Add the trip insurance on top of the medical and in my opinion it well worth the few extra bucks. So, if you have no other insurance in your mind what would you do?

Earl

Archived