Help choosing next ship to sail on!

lilybug23

My DH and I just got back from our first cruise and we sailed on the Dream 7/24. I have to say that we are COMPLETELY addicted now and are already looking to book another cruise. My only question is... will the smaller ships be as nice as the Dream or are all the ships pretty much the same. We are wanting to do a more relaxed itenerary. My DH did not care to much for how many children were on our ship so we will probably be sailing in March or April while most are still in school. It did seem very crowded at times. Any suggestions would be helpful!

The ships that most seasoned cruisers feel are the least crowded are the Spirit Class... Spirit, Legend, Miracle and Pride. They're pretty unique in the Carnival fleet.

The closest in layout to the Dream would be the Conquest Class. Somewhat smaller than the Dream Class but quite similar in layout. I'm betting that you'd find the Conquest ships very comfortable.

:)

A lot of people prefer the ships built before Dream, because there have been so many complaints about the crowding on Dream.

RCL ships have more space per pax if you want more space and less crowding.

I look at everything out of the port I want to go out of, and then start considering other ports. Which port is most convenient or preferred?? Thats where I start.

We sailed on the Freedom last summer and the Dream a month ago. While we had a fantastic cruise on the Dream, we actually preferred the Freedom. We will probably book our next cruise on a Conquest or Spirit class ship. Based on our experience, I think you would love the Conquest class too as Host Mach mentions.

My DH and I just got back from our first cruise and we sailed on the Dream 7/24. I have to say that we are COMPLETELY addicted now and are already looking to book another cruise. My only question is... will the smaller ships be as nice as the Dream or are all the ships pretty much the same. We are wanting to do a more relaxed itenerary. My DH did not care to much for how many children were on our ship so we will probably be sailing in March or April while most are still in school. It did seem very crowded at times. Any suggestions would be helpful!

I would chose one of the Spirit Class ships - they are smaller, and have a more intimate feel, but not crowded. We simply love the Legend out of Tampa.

As others ahve said, you will want to avoid March and April as that is prime spring break time. I would go in late Feb or early May instead.

I would think that you would want to avoid March or April if you were looking for something with less kids. I would assume that these are the busiest kid months other then the summer due to spring breaks.

I did not even think about spring break. Thank you for that.

Glad you enjoyed the Dream!!! Welcome to cruising. The Dream is basically a Conquest (and to an extent, Destiny and Triumph class) ship that holds more people. Conquest class don't have the water park, and instead of pasta bar, they have Fish 'n Chips. That is about it. Better yet, Conquest class ships are doing similar itineraries as Dream. However, most of the Carnival ships are pretty similar in the first place! Enjoy!

Archived