Thermal Suite Query

Stevesan

I thorughly enjoyed the Thermal Suite on Maasdam, used it every day, and am looking forward to a repeat on Zaandam.

I recall there were "specials", including a couples rate. Then, April 2009, it was $250/couple for a two week cruise.

I don't recall the asking rate for a single. I teamed up with another single to get the "couples" deal.

I see the Thermal Suite can be prebooked on line, but apparently only for individual days and times.

I'm interested in access for the length of the cruise.

Anyone know the current on board asking price(s)?

Thank you. :)

I am cruising on the Oosterdam next month, and I am interested in using the Thermal Suite for my 12-night cruise.

What exactly is a thermal suite? I know it's the ceramic chairs, but what's so great about it? It sure looks relaxing =)

Anyways, anyone know how much it is for a 12-nighter?

And finally, in YOUR opinion.. is it worth the $$?

For an Alaska cruise, I'd do it again for sure. For Mexico, it was too warm.

IMHO, it's paying $250 for 2 of you for 2 weeks to have a quiet place where the rest of the ship is not allowed. Costs less than the suite-only lounge, too. ;-)

Stevesan, Just stepped off of the Zaandam a little over a week ago. We booked the thermal suite as soon as we boarded. We were only on a 7 day cruise and it was $139.00 for the 2 of us. It's probably a little cheaper on a 14 day cruise. I do not know if this information is helpful.

Thank you. Mine is a ten day cruise, so is somewhere in between you guys. The 7 day is a real "couples" bargain. I'll go to the Spa Day One to book it for the cruise:D

Pumpkinpatches: The thermal suite offers heated ceramic beds, sauna, steam room, a large hot tub and, of course, a shower. A great place to relax without a crowd.

I just got back on monday from an alaska cruise on the oosterdam.

The best part of the ship "entertainment" was the thermal suite/spa package. It was $250 for a couple. They have the warm ceramic tile beds, aroma therapy steam rooms, misty showers, locker rooms, hot tub with no kids and few people in it. It was exteremly relaxing and the best part of the entire ship board life.

We sailed on the Amsterdam June 28th and booked the thermal suite almost the first thing when we boarded. It was $279 for a couple for the two week cruise to Alaska.

Used it almost every day; in the evening before dinner to relax after a busy day in port, on sea days as a quiet place to get away, and even on glacier viewing days as a place to take photos from that was warm and uncrowded.

When we sailed out of Homer we were there with a cocktail (in a plastic glass) and our cameras relaxing in the hot tub.We were completely alone! It was like having our own private spa.

Best money spent on board!

Archived