Plus size - post pictures of your dresses please

mollymoo12

Kaye-

I'm 44 and noticed that my body is changing as well. I've always had a perfect (if larger) hourglass shape with a small waist, large chest and butt. Now I notice that my tummy isn't as flat as it used to be (not that it was ever flat, after 4 c/sections) but I definitely am gravitating more towards empire waists than I was before. And Spanx are now my best friends!

I'm wondering about the length of my formal night dress. It's just a quickie Carnival Baha cruise, in my experience those are sometimes pretty informal. My dd will be wearing a knee length Betsey Johnson dress, my friend a below the knee cocktail dress, but I really want to go bombshell and glam it up. Should I maybe hold back a little and go with a shorter dress?

Here's the rub...I don't find other women's arms unattractive! I think that a plus size woman who has put herself together well (and isn't wearing a tent) looks lovely! It's only my own arms I fixate on, so try to keep that in mind. I'm guessing that everyone is the same on that one, and the only one who is going to find your bare arms disgusting is you!

Thanks for that Miladandra

I am in panic/depression mode. I decided a while back on cruises. I dont care I go pretty dresses and sleeveless. I don't know these people

My son got engaged last week and they are getting married in June or September. I am panicked. I am a size 16 with low self esteem. (thanks mom) the mother of the bride is tiny. all the dresses I am looking at online that covers the arm are either, grandma of the bride or , hey I am obviously covering my arms and wearing this jacket in the south at 90 degrees.

I have beautiful, bargain, cruise dresses that are sleevelss. I hate to buy something since I really dont have to.

I think I will make some side view pictures and try to talk my self into it.

I love your dress with the petty skirt thing showing at the bottom. soooo cute

My son got engaged last week and they are getting married in June or September. I am panicked. I am a size 16 with low self esteem. (thanks mom) the mother of the bride is tiny. all the dresses I am looking at online that covers the arm are either, grandma of the bride or , hey I am obviously covering my arms and wearing this jacket in the south at 90 degrees.

Try igigi for dresses with sleeves that definitely aren't grandma. This is the dress I"m wearing for formal night on our cruise next week-it's definitely NOT grandma! (no, that's so not me in the picture!)

giovanna-front.jpg

Thanks!!! They just opened here about 2 weeks ago, I went in and low and behold PLUS size dresses. I was able to get a cute little black sequined dress ($32) for my upcoming cruise. I have never had a sequined dress and it is exactly what I wanted for this upcoming "29th" birthday cruise. I just lost some pounds and was so excited that it fit and was actually cut to really flatter my body plus size that it is...I will post a picture when I can. :)

Well, better late than never. Just ignore the mess behind me..I am in packing mode:eek: These are not the best pictures...hopefully I will get a better one on the cruise. I really like the back of the dress as well as the cut.

There is a front and back view with the red shoes.

I also found these other amazing shoes....but alas I just don't think they work with the dress as well as the red ones...so back to the store they go. i have a rule if i buy shoes to go with something no matter how AMAZING the shoe and they don't work they have to go back. I don't know what else or occasion I would wear them...But I included a picture just the same:D

You all talking about changes in body has me shaking in my soon to be returned shoes...this cruise is celebrating...umm 29th birthday (for the 11th time).

IMG_2272.jpg.b05298eb07212b8ebc3375ae77cfe262.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg.96c575e0b924d93c1eaab1943224ad27.jpg

IMG_2271.jpg.30e393588580cb1768416d7b979481f3.jpg

I'd love to wear something strapless or off the shoulder, but I HAVE to wear a bra. (40 DDD+) No way around it!.. lol Does anyone know of a good strapless bra for larger breast? I tried one last year and was too uncomfortable to wear it. Felt like they were gonna come tumbling out.. lol Any suggestions?

I'd love to wear something strapless or off the shoulder, but I HAVE to wear a bra. (40 DDD+) No way around it!.. lol Does anyone know of a good strapless bra for larger breast? I tried one last year and was too uncomfortable to wear it. Felt like they were gonna come tumbling out.. lol Any suggestions?

Lane Bryant convertible bras are the best strapless ones I've found. They're a weird fit though, so make sure to have someone measure and fit you in the store and take a few in the dressing room to try on. I used to really be uncomfortable in strapless bras until I tried that one, now I wear them pretty much all summer with tank tops and spaghetti straps.

There is a front and back view with the red shoes.

I also found these other amazing shoes....but alas I just don't think they work with the dress as well as the red ones...so back to the store they go. i have a rule if i buy shoes to go with something no matter how AMAZING the shoe and they don't work they have to go back. I don't know what else or occasion I would wear them...But I included a picture just the same:D

You all talking about changes in body has me shaking in my soon to be returned shoes...this cruise is celebrating...umm 29th birthday (for the 11th time).

Definitely go with the red shoes. The other ones are cute, but the red ones really make the dress "pop"!

Definitely go with the red shoes. The other ones are cute, but the red ones really make the dress "pop"!

Barefoot cruise - LOVE that dress on you - and esp with red shoes! :D

Thanks. I was so tickled when I found this dress. I love the fit....not something I usually feel. I wish the pic came out better.

Yep. the red shoes definitely fit the feel that i want on that day...fun flirty fabulous. Besides the red shoes go with the red lip purse.

I am also taking a lime/army green formal length dress cut down to cocktail length. I am so ready to cruise!

Try igigi for dresses with sleeves that definitely aren't grandma. This is the dress I"m wearing for formal night on our cruise next week-it's definitely NOT grandma! (no, that's so not me in the picture!)

giovanna-front.jpg

I love that dress! I have been trying to decide if I need another formal because I'm dying to order it. I really like everything I have ordered from Igigi. Please post a picture of you wearing it.

Lane Bryant convertible bras are the best strapless ones I've found. They're a weird fit though, so make sure to have someone measure and fit you in the store and take a few in the dressing room to try on. I used to really be uncomfortable in strapless bras until I tried that one, now I wear them pretty much all summer with tank tops and spaghetti straps.

Thanks! I'll try Lane Bryant. Do their sizes run small? Cup wise?

giovanna-front.jpg

I LOVE this dress and igigi.com! But it's so pricey! But this is a dress that will work for many events. Sigh. i want it. :(

Since my free the arms post. My son got engaged, the mob is tiny. I am 14 downstairs , big boobs 18 upstairs. I always gotten great deals and never spent over $50.00 for a formal but this is a big occasion and we cruise every year so won't go to waste right? My husband says either is fine :rolleyes: (sorry I couldn't copy & paste pix.)

This is my dream dress , I would get in deep blue

http://www.dimitradesigns.com/shopcart/ProductLayouts/ProductDetailDisplay.asp?CategoryID=67&ProductID=1372

I know this is the style I usually go for and would look good on me but not sure about the jacket. I would get purple

http://www.dimitradesigns.com/shopcart/ProductLayouts/ProductDetailDisplay.asp?CategoryID=40&ProductID=2761&ProdWebID=Mother+of+the+bride+dress+Montage+210960

Her wedding colors are black and hot pink. July formal wedding.What do you think?

Thanks! I'll try Lane Bryant. Do their sizes run small? Cup wise?

Actually, in the convertible bra style, the cup sizes tend to be a bit large and the band size a bit small. So even if you always wear a 44DD in Cacique bras, it's still best to try a few different sizes in that particular style. Also, the cups are VERY structured, so if they're too big, then your boobs tend to float around in there.

I LOVE this dress and igigi.com! But it's so pricey! But this is a dress that will work for many events. Sigh. i want it. :(

I looooooooooove Igigi. If I worked, I would wear their stuff every day-but I'm usually in yoga pants and a tank top. If you "like" them on Facebook, they post a lot of 6 hour sales and "secret" coupon codes that they don't send out through email.

This dress is AH-mazing. We don't leave until tomorrow and I keep putting this dress on and looking at myself (then again, I'm vain)-I did have to have 4" cut off and then another inch hemmed so I could wear it with 3.5" heels-it's really really long.

Since my free the arms post. My son got engaged, the mob is tiny. I am 14 downstairs , big boobs 18 upstairs. I always gotten great deals and never spent over $50.00 for a formal but this is a big occasion and we cruise every year so won't go to waste right? My husband says either is fine :rolleyes: (sorry I couldn't copy & paste pix.)

This is my dream dress , I would get in deep blue

http://www.dimitradesigns.com/shopcart/ProductLayouts/ProductDetailDisplay.asp?CategoryID=67&ProductID=1372

I know this is the style I usually go for and would look good on me but not sure about the jacket. I would get purple

http://www.dimitradesigns.com/shopcart/ProductLayouts/ProductDetailDisplay.asp?CategoryID=40&ProductID=2761&ProdWebID=Mother+of+the+bride+dress+Montage+210960

Her wedding colors are black and hot pink. July formal wedding.What do you think?

Congratulations on the wedding! My daughter in law's mother is also tiny. And blonde. Without any wrinkles. But I still like her :) I totally glammed it up at my son's wedding-I wore gold. I called it my "Anna Nicole" dress (which was before she died, so I'm not really all that awful of a person)-so, here's what I think:

You definitely DEFINITELY need the first dress. The dream dress. That dress is elegant but not stuffy, it has the lace to cover your arms but it's not as hot as wearing a jacket. If her colors are black and hot pink, what about that dress in champagne or rose? I couldn't find color swatches on the site, so I'm purely going on names. Seriously. 1st dress.

Ugg, I have 10 months to figure out what to wear and I am still lost after reading this thread. Igigi is too pricey, I like some on onestopplus, but I can't picture myself in any of them, well picture myself looking good in them anyway.

I really hope I lose a few lbs, if I do I have a gorgeous silk dress I can wear, but that would really be pushing it. I hope that the DH will let me do a little shopping for this cruise *sigh* he is tight with his wallet.