Spirit of the Fiddle - Sydney

We noticed that virtually all cruise lines offer this experience, which does not involve transportation, and is "exclusive" to each line.

We love this music, and have initially picked this feature as number one in Sydney.

But I searched youtube, and the one post I found showed three people in a small upstairs room. There was a great fiddle player (amplified), an electronic keyboard player, and a young woman who both played an instrument and step-danced.

These were fine performers, but if this is the experience described in various shore-ex brochures, I think we would have to question the cruiseline price.

Any thoughts or experiences? We'd still like to do this, but have a hard time figuring out the value.

Thanks!

We noticed that virtually all cruise lines offer this experience, which does not involve transportation, and is "exclusive" to each line.

We love this music, and have initially picked this feature as number one in Sydney.

But I searched youtube, and the one post I found showed three people in a small upstairs room. There was a great fiddle player (amplified), an electronic keyboard player, and a young woman who both played an instrument and step-danced.

These were fine performers, but if this is the experience described in various shore-ex brochures, I think we would have to question the cruiseline price.

Any thoughts or experiences? We'd still like to do this, but have a hard time figuring out the value.

Thanks!

I would like to know as well since this is offered by HAL. However, it sounds totally overpriced at $49.00pp, and sounds like something that should be $10.00pp. Actually, it sounds like something that other cruise lines would bring onboard for their passengers to enjoy (at lunchtime in this case) with no extra charge.

This does sound like a rip off! I am from Nova Scotia and love the music, but this would be a waste of your day. Rent a car and go to Louisbourg or Baddeck. Those are the reasons the ships stop in Sydney.

Come back on your own sometime. There are concerts everynight somewhere. Check out the Celtic Colours festival which is October when the leaves are showing their colours.

We did this excursion 2 years ago -- it is upstairs at the cruise port. You sit at tables and have oat cookies and a beverage. Fiddle music, singing and dancing. Nicer than I expected and we were happy with it as the weather was horrid outside and it was truly convenient for the limited amount of time we were there. Pricing is overpriced, but you are paying for convenience. Be happy to have something to do besides shopping. V.:)

We really appreciate the feedback. I think our plan will be to wait and check out the weather forecast. If nice, we'll explore. If not, we'll retreat to the concert.

Thanks again.

SeaDays

We really appreciate the feedback. I think our plan will be to wait and check out the weather forecast. If nice, we'll explore. If not, we'll retreat to the concert.

Thanks again.

SeaDays

Which departure will you be on?

Archived